The (as of yet) unanswered question...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

docrates

Oct 27, 2007
I've looked and looked and I just can't seem to find the answer to this one. I've seen people ask it many times, but never an answer. Here goes:

If you have a stock 1.1.1 that's activated and jaibroken (in my case with iNdependence on mac...and also has iBrikr)...and then unlocked with AnySIM 1.1...

Can you restore from iTunes (1.1.1 again), re-activate, re-jaibreak and re-unlock? or will it become an iBrick after the restore?

Thanks!

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
the only way i know of bricking the phone was to update to 1.1.1 from and unlocked 1.0.2 but since anysim 1.1 is accomplished via a diffrent method then it should not have any adverse affects from restoring... they also make tools to fix a "bricked" iPhone... there is no such thing as a brick... well except for a coulple of people who were testing methods of unlocking and killed there radio but none of the methods posted have any affect like this

docrates

Oct 27, 2007
the only way i know of bricking the phone was to update to 1.1.1 from and unlocked 1.0.2 but since anysim 1.1 is accomplished via a diffrent method then it should not have any adverse affects from restoring... they also make tools to fix a "bricked" iPhone... there is no such thing as a brick... well except for a coulple of people who were testing methods of unlocking and killed there radio but none of the methods posted have any affect like this
Thanks!

Have you heard of anyone that has tried it? I'm guessing once you do the restore and re-activate/jailbreak... you'll have to run anysim again? or should I expect the phone to be already unlocked?