The Avengers!

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
So, hit me, who's seen it\going to see it?

Reading the reviews thus far, it seems like it is a hit. I'll be watching it later today...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Hmm, I think I have to watch it again. Too many kids talking and kicking seats!?! Little brats...

But, I will say this, I was under the impression that ONLY Hulk could stop Thor's hammer, no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I just came back from the theater. All in all, it was a pretty good and enjoyable movie. What ruined the experience for me, however, was quality of 3D movies in Egypt - it's just horrendous. I wish they would have converted it to 2D (if that's even allowed) rather than playing it as 3D when the projector, screen, and brightness completely suck.

Also I have a feeling the movie was too compressed. There were, in my opinion, so many action scenes that involve explosions and stuff than any actual plot. When I was little I would enjoy action-packed movies, but now I lean more towards action movies with an actual plot line that would make you think.

Mar 11, 2012
I enjoyed this movie for what it was, a great super hero movie (although it kinda felt like a Thor 2 at times). Gotta give props to Joss Whedon, a lot of heroes to divide up the screen time with. Quite enjoyed the 3D. First time for that in a movie theatre. If you enjoyed Iron Man, Capt. America, etc you'll have a good time.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Hubby and I went last night... SOLD OUT! Could not believe it. Every showing even 3D. I am going to order tickets in advance for next weekend lol. I should have done that in the beginning. Glad everyone liked it!

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Just got back liked it a lot.
I thought clever arrangement of characters except for Robin
We, my man and I agreed. She was out of place. Son watches How I met your mother everyday and I believe has a secret crush on her. So he was delighted to see her in a tight fitting suit lol

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I forgot to mention that, but I did not like her in that role at all either. She should stick to sitcoms, even though I must say HIMYM got extremely boring in the last season that I watched a couple of episodes and couldn't continue. Thank God there's The Big Bang Theory to make up for that. lol

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Saw it and thought it was very decent for a super hero movie. Whedon did a great job of giving screen time and relevance to all of the group.

Teaser after the credits gave my goosebumps goosebumps.