the best 2 features iPhone needs!

twista_8604

Bronze
Mar 6, 2008
washington
ok everybody and their mama are coming up with tons of crazy ideas for iPhone. and don't get me wrong a lot of them are great ideas. but man wtf was Apple thinking when they missed these 2 things... PICTURE MESSAGING! ZOOM ON THE CAMERA! we paid out the ass for a new phone and we cant even get pic messages... maybe a marketing thing.. maybe that will be new features ppl all need so we will be forced to go out and pick up they next iPhone? my shitty little Samsung could zoom and get picture messages. even video messages... wow either Apple is trying to get us or they are just retarded for missing the main features to a mobile phone. its like buys a laptop that cant surf the web.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
ok everybody and their mama are coming up with tons of crazy ideas for iPhone. and don't get me wrong a lot of them are great ideas. but man wtf was Apple thinking when they missed these 2 things... PICTURE MESSAGING! ZOOM ON THE CAMERA! we paid out the ass for a new phone and we cant even get pic messages... maybe a marketing thing.. maybe that will be new features ppl all need so we will be forced to go out and pick up they next iPhone? my shitty little Samsung could zoom and get picture messages. even video messages... wow either Apple is trying to get us or they are just retarded for missing the main features to a mobile phone. its like buys a laptop that cant surf the web.
I may be wrong but I don't think zoom is a main feature of a mobile phone for most people. Definitely not me. Picture messaging is a bit more plausible of an argument but most phones can send a picture to an email address just as easy as to a phone number. It hasn't been a deal breaker for me.

These two features do not come close to outweighing the real features I use daily and actually paid for.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
MMS is a Dead horse..

And, digital zooming sucks. Without an optical lens, you're always going to get crappier resolutions when you zoom in (maybe I'm wrong?). Not worth it at all. I would, however, really like a greater mega pixel count.

Toxic Gecko

Bronze
Mar 29, 2008
two features...and then some

I would love to see MMS, but I agree it is a "dead horse".

If I had to pick two, I would like to have video recording and voice dialing support.

There are many more features I would like to see also. Features like camera controls (night mode, white balance, zoom, macro and more MP). A photo light or flash would be nice. A voice record function would be useful. Expanded bluetooth support for object push/file transfer etc. is another.

All of the above features, except the more MP, I am used to from my old phone (SE W810i), but I still get more use out of my iPhone. I don't know how I lived without google maps, and craploads of space for full movies, just to name a few. Plus the wow factor from others when they see you using the iPhone is still pretty cool. :cool:

Autumnoel

May 17, 2008
Hollywood, FL
I agree. I got hooked on the iPhone for it's internet and storage space which were two of it's main focal points besides touchscreen. And now those have much room for improvement. The two new feature picks for me would be video record and message reminder. But if it has video calling... happy happy joy joy.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
didn't you know that it didn't have those before you paid out the #@@?

mutilate607

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
meh. i need video recording and adobe flash :[

naideeg

Jun 5, 2008
Ok so yes Apple didn't give you zoom... but they gave you a camera that is WAY better than any other i've had on a phone.... as for the zoom you can just put it in your computer and resize and crop... which will be the equivalent of Phone zooming. Apple takes pride in the things they make and i've noticed their perfectionism... everything on the iPhone works perfect. the sound quality is amazing. And the pix messaging, there's a way around that... have ppl txt to your email and email people to their phone.... tmobil people should be ###########@tmomail.net sprint is ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com so on... (you figure this out by having someone text your email).

anywho... who in their right mind would trade the amazing features of the iPhone such as real internet, email, MAPS! *an iPod,* notes, Youtube lets not forget the tons of space (i have an 8GB and cant fill it up)... and the other apps that came with the phone and things you can install that the other phones don't have or aren't good enough for just picture messaging and zoom.... WTF... sure not me. This is a life changing phone and I can say that I'd buy it again no questions asked. And as far as i know a phone's main features are calling and texting, everything else thought necessary and cool are extras. I say this because there are phones and people out there that only have those two.

runcmd

Bronze
Aug 6, 2007
Rabun Gap, GA
I think we all know that the phone will (probably) have gps and 3G ...
so dreaming beyond that core upgrade ...
I would like to see the personal video conferencing option. It think it would sell more iPhones to families looking to keep track of each other.. grandma see the babies.. etc.. And facilitate extremely safe partnering ( can you say Vootie call ) ... wait, this post is supposed to substantive.
Ok - video conferencing and I'll shoot for the moon. A larger screen ( fit inside my shirt pocket size ) and the ability to accept a BT Keyboard would put me over the edge.

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I hope they make the home screen more customizable. I hope they have an option for the home screen to either be in "Classic" format or to look like the desktop of the Mac's OS. I LOVE the way the icons are at the bottom of the screen like that.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'll take instant messaging with multimedia support before MMS

I'll take photo editing before realtime zoom.

But that's just me.

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I also hope they add the ability to create new folders in your email accounts. I was just reading some mail while laying on the couch. I have some mail I wanted to save in a new folder but can't make folders from the phone

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
(Prepare for Braveheart Speech)
People People Please, Lets not forget the App Store should give us what we want and more. Just give Apple a chance. When other phones were giving you .5% of whats on the internet who came and gave you about 60% of whats on the internet? (Flash would have made it 100%). When you couldn't fit your phone and bulky iPod in your pocket, who made it easier for you to just have one item? When you were in the bathroom taking care of businesss who gave you You Tube so you could be entertained while using the John? I think it is self explanatory!
(End Of Speech)

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Good speech.... Wasn't that Braveheart guy hung, drawn and quartered.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
The 2 things I would like most?

1. I think I would like voice dialing. I do miss that from my BB pearl. When I am driving and I want to make a call and I have to look at the screen-well, it is just not very safe. I am not sure if the app store will have this or it would need to be firmware update.

2. An integrated to-do list that integrates with the calendar and give you reminders to do stuff. I also miss this from my Pearl. Maybe the app store will have this.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
my ... little Samsung could zoom and get picture messages
As freakydeaky pointed out, your Samsung was probably digitally zooming (which isn't really zooming; it's cropping and blowing up the crop). iPhone does have this. Go to the Photo app, select a photo, touch the center of the screen simultaneously with your thumb and index finger, and move them apart diagonally. "Zoomed." Do it again. "Zoomed" again. There are optical zooming phones out there (many by Samsung, btw) which use a lens to magnify the subject, but at some point you have to ask yourself if what you want is a full-featured digicam or a mobile phone that takes convenience photos. Optical zooming also adds bulk ("the new optical zooming iPhone is too thick!") and lens motors use electricity ("the new optical zooming iPhone has terrible battery life!").

As John said, I don't think most people would agree that optical zoom is as important to a mobile phone as internet access is to a laptop computer. If it is to you, I completely agree that iPhone is not your device.

-K

P.S. Please keep the langauge clean.
P.P.S. I like your avatar.
P.P.P.S. I'm with kokogirl. Give me voice dialing. It's frustrating that we can't voice dial an iPhone, and not a little ridiculous given its capabilities. I had the same irritation with my Treo 650 before iDay (mediocre software solutions notwithstanding).