The Best iPhone Car Intergration *Pics*

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Ive been thinking about this for a while now. Something that allows you to watch your movies, listen to music, pull up a map and make a call over your speakers. All while the phone sits in a cradle to charge it. Im sure something like this isn't far off though. I would prefer it be made by Kenwood with the indash touch screens they already offer I cant see why it isn't possible.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Something that amuses me every day - when I turn the ignition on I get a big warning sign on my console - obviously designed to catch your attention! Telling me that being distracted by the console is dangerous.

I've never quite worked that one out.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Something that amuses me every day - when I turn the ignition on I get a big warning sign on my console - obviously designed to catch your attention! Telling me that being distracted by the console is dangerous.

I've never quite worked that one out.
this is in the BMW? cause i think my moms does that too! :p

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
this is in the BMW? cause i think my moms does that too! :p
They all do it. Lawyers forcing people to loose all common sense. There's also a warning that the sat-nav gives you directions, but it's your responsibility to drive properly, regardless of where the sat-nav told you to go!

Anyone got a Volvo? - isn't that sat-nav scary? TURN LEFT NOW!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
A Ferrari with Cover Flow would be the coolest thing ever.

Scratch that. If Apple made a car, it would have Cover Flow. That would be the coolest thing ever.

- John

Trevowski

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Oklahoma
www.splatterpb.com
Pioneer makes a great double din touchscreen headunit that pairs with the iPhone. Awsome iPod interface, very easy to navigate through artist,albums, etc.

Has a great turn by turn navigation system.

Uses a bluetooth mic that is intalled in you headliner, and usues your cars speakers for conversation. (it even fades music in and out, like the iPhone, when a call comes in)

Can pull music, movies, podcast, etc from iPhone.
Even charges your phone!

Dvd player, etc.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/Navigation/In-Dash/AVIC-D3

All this and it can be programed to not show your the huge ugly disclaimer!

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I have a device that allows me to watch movies, listen to music and take calls on my cars GPS screen, via my iPod/iPhone.

The calls work via the cars built in bluetooth, but watching movies and listening to music is done via this. I believe they only do this device for Lexus vehicles right now.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
They have similar attachments for the BMW navigation systems as well and they work superbly. I leave my 160 GB Classic in my car at all times and have my entire library of music and videos whenever I want. Oh the joys of vehicle integration.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I have a device that allows me to watch movies, listen to music and take calls on my cars GPS screen, via my iPod/iPhone.

The calls work via the cars built in bluetooth, but watching movies and listening to music is done via this. I believe they only do this device for Lexus vehicles right now.
I need something like this for my Subaru Wrx. I have a jvc avx 800 in dash DVD player with the aftermarket jvc iPod dock and bluetooth units. I can play my iPod but when I try to plug my 3g up to it it makes me put it in airplane mode. I just want to use pandora and aol radio but watching my DVDs that are on my 3g would be bad A. If I use a male to male cable it won't be in stereo or will it?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
The airplane mode is due to the 3G not being firewire anymore and just USB. Scosche (or whatever they are called called), have an adapter that you plug onto your old cable and that adapter plugs into your 3g and will allow to charge it and not keep putting it in airplane mode.

I need something like this for my Subaru Wrx. I have a jvc avx 800 in dash DVD player with the aftermarket jvc iPod dock and bluetooth units. I can play my iPod but when I try to plug my 3g up to it it makes me put it in airplane mode. I just want to use pandora and aol radio but watching my DVDs that are on my 3g would be bad A. If I use a male to male cable it won't be in stereo or will it?

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I think I get what you are saying but I had a v1 and it did the samething. If I buy this will it only let me charge my 3g? Will it let me use pandora or any any of my apps and hear of on my car speakers.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Yup, it will allow you to do all that. The adapter re-routers the wiring, so the 3G can also be charged now and not keep asking for airplane mode.

When I plug my phone into my Vaistech unit, it asks for airplane mode also, but I say no. But I can still hear my music/Pandora etc via my car's stereo system.

I think I get what you are saying but I had a v1 and it did the samething. If I buy this will it only let me charge my 3g? Will it let me use pandora or any any of my apps and hear of on my car speakers.