The Black Friday 2014 Thread

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Black Friday 2014 begins in just a little over seven days. Share any good deals on electronics that you may find around the Internet—even better if they are Apple-related!

• Apple iPhone 6 16GB Smartphone for $99 at Sam's Club
  • Apple MacBook Air Intel Haswell Core i5 1.4GHz 11.6" Laptop for $780 at Best Buy
  • Apple MacBook Air Intel Haswell Core i5 1.4GHz 13.3" Laptop (w/256 GB SSD) for $1,050 at Best Buy
  • Apple iMac 21.5" Core i5 All-in-One Desktop at Best Buy for $900
  • Apple iPad Mini 2 16GB With $100 Gift Card for $299 at Target
These and other deals on Apple products can be found at this site.

Here are some deals on external hard drives from Western Digital, Seagate, and Toshiba.

Last edited:

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
You are a sick man. :D

Anyone want to buy an 8GB iPhone 3G for $70?

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Who doesn't love Black Friday. Nothing brings people together better than $200 crap flat screen TVs at Walmart. It's a great festive feeling ripping stuff out someone's hands and then getting maced and then being carried out by Walmart security.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Who doesn't love Black Friday. Nothing brings people together better than $200 crap flat screen TVs at Walmart. It's a great festive feeling ripping stuff out someone's hands and then getting maced and then being carried out by Walmart security.
That's if you make it through the doors without getting trampled to death by mobs of deal-hungry shoppers.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Holiday shoppers mugged by Darth Maul in Best Buy parking lot....
You know you'll need to change your avatar afterwards right? :D
My face isn't quite has tattooed as Darth Maul so I should be okay, but to play it safe I may keep my mugging restricted to Walmarts a little further from the one I shop at.

I hope nobody thinks I am serious about mugging Black Friday shoppers and understand I am joking.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
My face isn't quite has tattooed as Darth Maul so I should be okay, but to play it safe I may keep my mugging restricted to Walmarts a little further from the one I shop at.

I hope nobody thinks I am serious about mugging Black Friday shoppers and understand I am joking.
Not on this forum. This is like an airport. Everything said is taken completely serious.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I've already called the police.
And you are the very mod who I would have suspected would have done so. Will you please tell them I have no intention of taking any bombs on any planes I may be traveling on in the near future?

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
It should be called Black Thursday. I feel that store associates are overworked and they don't get to spend any time with their families. That is what Thanksgiving should be about but I'm sure my opinion is in the minority. I'm fortunate that I don't have to work on Black Friday as Intel employees get the day off.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
It should be called Black Thursday. I feel that store associates are overworked and they don't get to spend any time with their families. That is what Thanksgiving should be about but I'm sure my opinion is in the minority. I'm fortunate that I don't have to work on Black Friday as Intel employees get the day off.
I'm with you.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You're not in the minority, but it's the way it is and it's something people need to consider before applying for jobs in retail. Even if we closed the stores, the country couldn't shut down on Thanksgiving. Retail workers aren't the only ones working. People who work in health care, law enforcement and many other places are also expected to work many of the holidays.

K.C.

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 15, 2011
California
You're not in the minority, but it's the way it is and it's something people need to consider before applying for jobs in retail. Even if we closed the stores, the country couldn't shut down on Thanksgiving. Retail workers aren't the only ones working. People who work in health care, law enforcement and many other places are also expected to work many of the holidays.
And people who work for airlines....sigh

Sent by K.C. Using icafe app on the mini

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Beyond the crappy TV sales, there are some good ones this year. Dell has the M-series 65" for $947 and they throw in a second year of warranty coverage.