Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Blacklist[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2013-09-23[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Jon Bokenkamp[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]James Spader[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Megan Boone[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Diego Klattenhoff[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ryan Eggold[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Parminder Nagra[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harry Lennix[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]Raymond "Red" Reddington, one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives, surrenders in person at FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. He claims that he and the FBI have the same interests: bringing down dangerous criminals and terrorists. In the last two decades, he's made a list of criminals and terrorists that matter the most but the FBI cannot find because it does not know they exist. Reddington calls this "The Blacklist". Reddington will co-operate, but insists that he will speak only to Elizabeth Keen, a rookie FBI profiler.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Great show. Can't wait for it to start up again. Are we supposed to post spoilers on here?
You could use the 'Spoiler' tag coupled with a Spoiler warning, since the app doesn't support spoilers.

For example: SPOILER.
Somehow they let this guy out of prison, despite his crimes.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I'm getting ready to start watching season 3. I felt like I'd forgotten a little bit too much of what happened during the first two seasons, so I started watching from the beginning again.

Who else thought this scene from the first season was simply perfect? I know I did!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
This was a scene from a somewhat recent episode of The Blacklist I really enjoyed. The foot chase is nice but not all that on its own. It's actually the song that was used during the scene that made it so cool for me.

And yes, this is where I first heard (and loved) this song.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I can’t believe they killed off

Elizabeth Keen!

I did not see that one coming.

I kept watching and hoping it wasn’t real. But it sure does appear that it is.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I love The Blacklist. I am, not convinced of the recent death yet.
Alex, the “Cape May” episode of The Blacklist which aired the past Thursday was absoute perfection. It was dark, and at the same time perfect—a complete change of mood from prior episodes. But that ending. OMG, that ending. Impeccable. Actually, the whole episode was impeccable.

I gotta mention that I was kind of moved by Raymond Reddington’s “suicide speech”:

Here’s an excerpt from the episode’s script (the “suicide speech,” as I decided to call it) which I found at http://bit.ly/1NqMotq:

Red: Have you ever seen the aftermath of a suicide bombing…
Woman: We’re wasting time.
Red: I have. June 29, 2003. I was meeting two associates at the Marouche restaurant in Tel Aviv. As my car was pulling up, a 20-year-old Palestinian named Ghazi Safar entered the restaurant and detonated a vest wired with C4.
Woman: Let me go.
Red: The shock wave knocked me flat, blew out my eardrums. I couldn’t hear. The smoke… It was like being underwater. I went inside. A nightmare. Blood. Parts of people. You could tell where Safar was standing when the vest blew. It was like a perfect circle of death. There was almost nothing left of the people closest to him. 17 dead, 46 injured. Blown to pieces. The closer they were to the bomber, the more horrific the effect.
Woman: Stop.
Red: That’s every suicide. Every single one. An act of terror perpetrated against everyone who’s ever known you… Everyone who’s ever loved you. The people closest to you… the ones who cherish you… are the ones who suffer the most pain, the most damage. Why would you do that?
Woman: [ WHIMPERS ]
Red: Why would you do that to people who love you?
Woman: I have no choice.
Red: There’s always a choice.

That line above which I highlighted in red is the one that particularly touched my heart.

Last edited: