The BlackList.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
So my Nokia 6151 was stolen from me, and the person who had it had the nerve to start calling me from my own number (I had a working AT&T card in it) and just sit there and breathe while I was asking who this was or whatever.. I even offerred money for the phone.. no go. so I got mad and decided to blacklist the IMEI, meaning that they wouldn't be able to use it with any carrier.. thing is.. neither AT&T nor t-mobile know what the blacklist is.

any suggestions? I need to blacklist it, I just haven't a clue as to what to do. I still have the original box, so I still have the IMEI..

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
US companies don't black list their IMEI's . you can file a police report...and also report it to AT&T as stolen. They can then track the IMEI and you can press charges.

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
no problem , A co-worker had his iPhone stolen from work(at an AT&T store....) so he called Apple, and AT&T and tracked the phone down. Apple sent him a new phone and charges were pressed...

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
google search Nokia 6151 and you may not understand the amazingness of the phone.. but trust me, its amazing.

and there probably isn't another one like it within the Boston Metro area.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
nah I love it cause its really fast to respond and I can text extremely fast on it.. like iPhone txt speed fast..

and it NEVER needs to be charged. I've gone 2 weeks..

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
My mom owned a cyngular cell phone store for years so I have ben into phones for a while. Its always kewl to c the less popular ones that are just as amazing and the comercial ones, if not better.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
yeah.. I usually don't buy phones in the US, I go to Russia and buy them - they are cheaper sometimes, and they are exactly as the manufacturer intended them to be - no crippling by the carriers, no "unified interface"..

I love the 6151.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Yeah well if its got 2 week battery strength i'd get it back haha. It would piss me off to know someone is running around with my phone and having the nerve to call you to rub it in. Get revenge.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
talked to the cops, I'm gonna give them my IMEI, they are gonna track that mo-fo.

heh.. I am rubbing my hands in anticipation.. if I find who it is.. I'm not gonna go any further.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
no, he doesn't dare call me anymore, because if he did, he would have had to dial me from a different number other than mine, and that would have exposed him.

whatever. I have an iPhone.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
So very sorry to hear that. You mentioned that the perp may have thrown away your SIM. If that is not the case, has AT&T taken the necessary steps to make sure the charges no longer come to you? As if it wasn't bad enough to lose the device.