The British Accent, this is just wrong.

ct2k7

Bronze
Jul 7, 2009

Wow. Coffee = Koffeh.

Now, British Dialect? English derives from England, which is a germanic langauge, first use in today's England.

She needs to revise her knowledge!

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Were you dressing up as Austin Powers trying to perfect your accent or what!?!?!?

ct2k7

Bronze
Jul 7, 2009
Now Jason... you know I'm not female.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Wow, that is horrendous and ridiculous. Would love to see her (try to) spend 30 minutes in a London pub. She'd get glassed.

Starting with 'British' as a dialect. Not only is there a huge variance between how folks from different sections of London speak, and even bigger between, say, a Londoner and a Liverpudlian - but Britain is England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland - four freaking independent nations, with more dialects than the highest number that dumbass could count to I reckon.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Quite right Patrick.

I do love any of the accents from the region though. That and Australia.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
You should hear people from Manchester.

That lady has got it all wrong.
I hope your not slating the Manc accent London... :sneaky:

ha, you guys would probably have no idea what I was saying if I was in my manc accent flow! lol

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008

ha, you guys would probably have no idea what I was saying if I was in my manc accent flow! lol
Hey crouch, should we have a few beers and record a conversation together, to mancs would confuse anybody...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Hey crouch, should we have a few beers and record a conversation together, to mancs would confuse anybody...
I lived in the UK for a bunch of years - Lancs accents (including Manchester) were sometimes tough, but hardest I found to keep up with in a pub was Glaswegian. I did a lot of smiling and hoping not to be headbutted when in Glasgow pubs :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I lived in the UK for a bunch of years - Lancs accents (including Manchester) were sometimes tough, but hardest I found to keep up with in a pub was Glaswegian. I did a lot of smiling and hoping not to be headbutted when in Glasgow pubs :)
This is going too sound stupid, but a (sober) male person with a Glaswegian accent, is apparently one of most understood accents.

When there drunk.... well we'll leave that for another thread. I work in scotland 50% of the time, i've sort of hardened to it now :D

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami

lol Not saying anything bad about it, just that when ppl from manchester get going it can be "what?" at times.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
haha, I know what you mean london.

IPW, are you serious, 2 DRUNK MANCS? That would just be chaos! We probably wouldn't understand each other! :)

Mar 2, 2009
California
I love accents and wish I had one. My mother is from Germany and father from Mexico, and neither have any accent. I've worked with a coworker who was from the UK, and seeing how I pick up things quickly, I was able to mimic his accent quite well. I've even been able to kid people into thinking it's real the first time they've talked to me lol.

The woman in the above video sounds horrible. If I was there I'd spit on her face.

I would love to learn more accents, such as Scottish and Australian. I'd love to learn them all honestly.

Here's a video of a woman doing 21 accents...quite good IMO.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
haha, I know what you mean london.

IPW, are you serious, 2 DRUNK MANCS? That would just be chaos! We probably wouldn't understand each other! :)
Thats actually a valid point. It'd be funny though. :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
When I'm in the UK I always "pick up" the accent and can't stop myself from doing it. I met up with some kids from Mizzou that actually thought I was English and they couldn't understand why I would want to take a tour of London.

Mar 2, 2009
California
When I'm in the UK I always "pick up" the accent and can't stop myself from doing it. I met up with some kids from Mizzou that actually thought I was English and they couldn't understand why I would want to take a tour of London.
I love accents, I can pick them up easily if around it long enough. I'd actually love to go to London, although I'm quite poor at the moment. Maybe one day...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I love accents, I can pick them up easily if around it long enough. I'd actually love to go to London, although I'm quite poor at the moment. Maybe one day...
I absolutely love it there. It's one of the only cities I could see myself living in outside of the United States.

I'm planning a trip to Australia now that will hopefully be awesome. I actually met an Aussie chick last semester and tried out my Aussie accent but I was so inebriated that all I could do was English. Needless to say I was a bit let down by myself.