The camera availability on the lock screen... Don't see it.

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by flatbacks21, Oct 13, 2011.

1. flatbacks21

flatbacks21 Member
    Bronze

I have updated to ios 5 and I was really looking forward to the camera on the lock screen and the twitter integration.. Is that available only on the 4s or the 4 also?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Double tap the home button from the lock screen and the camera icon shod be there.

3. flatbacks21

flatbacks21 Member
    Bronze

Yup, cool beans.. The OL' double tap worked! I think this may work out all right.

4. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Most definitely! Can't wait to use this feature....arrggh at so many photo opps I have missed because I was too slow, never again! Lol

5. 6.2

6.2 New Member

Why do so many people not realize how to bring it up...

6. flatbacks21

flatbacks21 Member
    Bronze

For one, by simply reading the feature list, it says "it'll be there on the lock screen". To me that meant when I would lock my screen, when I go to unlock my screen it would be there. The double-tap home key option was not mentioned (or I didn't see it written anywhere other than the picture). Now I know how to access it and it is wick-tastic!

7. KevJD

KevJD Member
    Bronze

Probably because 5.0 doesn't come with an instruction manual, and most people would assume that the camera icon would simply be available on the lock screen without having to manually make it appear. It's supposed to be a feature to allow you to take pictures quicker and easier, yet they make you do that unnecessary extra step.