The Capital"i" letter

Alkali

Bronze
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
Friends,
I have this problem,as i type SMS or email my phone suggest Capital "i" letter when not needed. How do i disable that? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Oct 5, 2010
Ireland,UK
Anything in setting>keyboard
Think you can disable suggestions somewhere in settings .

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
Friends,
I have this problem,as i type SMS or email my phone suggest Capital "i" letter when not needed. How do i disable that?
Just to clarify, you are aware you used a lower-case 'i' where it should have been upper in the above sentence- twice- right?

I was trying to think of a place I've seen the 'i' capitalized when it shouldn't have been, and am drawing a blank. Do you have an example?

Anytime an 'i' stands alone it should always be capitalized. I like that when I write the word 'I' there's no need to hit the caps arrow, the program does it automatically.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
bams50 is correct. It's correcting it for you because a capital I is grammatically correct. You can tap the "x" that appears next to the capital I if you prefer it to be lower case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 5, 2010
Ireland,UK
Just to clarify, you are aware you used a lower-case 'i' where it should have been upper in the above sentence- twice- right?

I was trying to think of a place I've seen the 'i' capitalized when it shouldn't have been, and am drawing a blank. Do you have an example?

Anytime an 'i' stands alone it should always be capitalized. I like that when I write the word 'I' there's no need to hit the caps arrow, the program does it automatically.
come to think of it your right !

Alkali

Bronze
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
bams50 is correct. It's correcting it for you because a capital I is grammatically correct. You can tap the "x" that appears next to the capital I if you prefer it to be lower case.
And that's what i hate to do. I would have love to use it at the beginning of a sentence but i am no school teacher. And the other option of disabling SUGGESTION is unthinkable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
And that's what i hate to do. I would have love to use it at the beginning of a sentence but i am no school teacher. And the other option of disabling SUGGESTION is unthinkable.
Just curious - why do you insist on a lower case letter "i"? It's grammatically incorrect. You don't have to be a school teacher to use it correctly.

Alkali

Bronze
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
Just curious - why do you insist on a lower case letter "i"? It's grammatically incorrect. You don't have to be a school teacher to use it correctly.
Well Europa let me see, which of the below is correct:
"Abdu and i"
Or
"Abdu and I"
Which of them is correct?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
And while we're on the grammar topic, that should be "you're correct", because the sentence is stating "you are correct." :D
Very taboo to start a sentence with "and". Not stated anywhere you shouldn't per say. However, it is frowned upon.

Alkali

Bronze
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
And while we're on the grammar topic, that should be "you're correct", because the sentence is stating "you are correct." :D
So "you're right" is wrong? What kind of school is this?HaHa!

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
So "you're right" is wrong? What kind of school is this?HaHa!

No, that would also be correct, because breaking it down would be saying "you are right."

I just used the wrong word on my first post.