The count down has started...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bender

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Virginia
The first iPhone release is almost upon us. The countdown is on! Less than 30 days to iPhone.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Somekid231

May 31, 2007
As excited as I am, I am STILL in knots over the fact that I'll have to switch from verizon to get this phone. I love verizon, their coverage is great, and all my friends and family (spare my girlfriend, who coincidentally is on cingular) are on verizon.
At first I thought i might wait it out - thinking that the second gen would be superior - and maybe available on verizon. But when I found out that cingular had exclusivity for 5 years..argh.
I'm sure a lot of people are having this crisis.
Anyway - sorry for raining on the iPhone is almost out parade...just had to get that off my chest.:mad:

-C

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
As excited as I am, I am STILL in knots over the fact that I'll have to switch from verizon to get this phone. I love verizon, their coverage is great, and all my friends and family (spare my girlfriend, who coincidentally is on cingular) are on verizon.
At first I thought i might wait it out - thinking that the second gen would be superior - and maybe available on verizon. But when I found out that cingular had exclusivity for 5 years..argh.
I'm sure a lot of people are having this crisis.
Anyway - sorry for raining on the iPhone is almost out parade...just had to get that off my chest.:mad:

-C
That's the same boat I am in. I am with Verizon and my contract is up in September. I am definitely waiting until my contract is up because there is no sense adding the ETF to the price of the iPhone in order to have one. Plus this will give me time to hear first hand reviews and check one out in the AT&T stores. The trouble is determining whether I will be able to survive on a comparable AT&T plan, since most of my minutes right now are IN minutes...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
That's the same boat I am in. I am with Verizon and my contract is up in September. I am definitely waiting until my contract is up because there is no sense adding the ETF to the price of the iPhone in order to have one. Plus this will give me time to hear first hand reviews and check one out in the AT&T stores. The trouble is determining whether I will be able to survive on a comparable AT&T plan, since most of my minutes right now are IN minutes...
You Verizon guys need to make sure you have coverage where you'll need it the most (home, work, Girlfriend's). I can't imagine anything worse than having crappy coverage where I need it. What good is the iPhone, if you can't make or receive calls?

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
You Verizon guys need to make sure you have coverage where you'll need it the most (home, work, Girlfriend's). I can't imagine anything worse than having crappy coverage where I need it. What good is the iPhone, if you can't make or receive calls?
i get the feeling you just want more iPhones to go around for the rest of us. ;)

wait, you may be on to something...ummmm, yeah! stick with verizon! it's better! :p

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
That's my only concern...I need to find a way to make sure AT&T coverage is good at my house...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Check with your friends and see if any of them use Cingular. If so invite them over for a beer/Coke (depending on your age) and have them bring their phone.
Or if you don't have any other choice, you can invest in a low cost Cingular Go Phone. Those sell for $29.99 and would be on the same network. OF course for that price you could buy the iPHone and use the 30 day guarantee.

And I'm not really trying to save more for all the current Cingular users; I just know that in my area Verizon seems to have better coverage in the outlying areas. GSM (Cingular and T-Mobile) is excellent coverage as long as you're inside their network, but for rural areas, Verizon has them beat. If you're in a rural setting, don't expect a lot from Cingular unless you live right next to a major interstate highway.

And back on topic....I'm glad to finally be in June also. Sooner or later we'll have to get a definitive date. Hopefully it'll be by the 11th. I don't mind the 29th but I would rather it be the 15th.:)

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
And back on topic....I'm glad to finally be in June also. Sooner or later we'll have to get a definitive date. Hopefully it'll be by the 11th. I don't mind the 29th but I would rather it be the 15th.:)
I agree 100%. For awhile there it felt like June would never get here. It has been 143 days since the keynote. It feels great to know that the end is in sight.

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
Countdown doesn't really start until we have a date. :)
I think the countdown should be to June 11th. While that is probably not the release date, it is certainly when we would be getting more information from el jobso. i think...;)