The Countdown Begins...

May 6, 2007
United States
Looks like the excitement has started up again, and as always, Apple is holding us all on the edge of our seats.

We have just about a week to go (depending where you are) until WWDC, so we've got to have some way to pass the time.

Does anyone have some final predictions before the show? How are you guys going to watch it? What are your hopes for WWDC?

Just interested in what everyone has to say, I can't wait myself.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
For me, all this iPhone crap started in early 2007, when my brother sat down with me and showed me the video of the announcement of the original iPhone.

Damn him. Damn him to Hell. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I think I may suddenly get a tummy ache or the swine flu and call in sick that day. I will be following it on one of the live blogs. I'm pretty certain what to expect with the insides of the iPhone and software, ie. more memory, processor power, camera, etc. I just hope that it looks sleek and stylish, and not like some of the latest rumored prototypes I've seen.

I really have a feeling that Steve Jobs will make a surprise cameo appearance.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
For me, all this iPhone crap started in early 2007, when my brother sat down with me and showed me the video of the announcement of the original iPhone.

Damn him. Damn him to Hell. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
Ha.....yes but think about how much fun you've been having jailbreaking, tweaking, and adding apps and all, how else would you spend your time.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Ha.....yes but think about how much fun you've been having jailbreaking, tweaking, and adding apps and all, how else would you spend your time.
Hell yeah, and for the past two years I've been the geek and have brought my brother all the latest news and tweaks for the iPhone. He doesn't hang out on forums, so he relies on me to take care of him. :)

BTW - remember when jailbreaking was a long and laborious process fraught with danger?

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I think I may suddenly get a tummy ache or the swine flu and call in sick that day. I will be following it on one of the live blogs. I'm pretty certain what to expect with the insides of the iPhone and software, ie. more memory, processor power, camera, etc. I just hope that it looks sleek and stylish, and not like some of the latest rumored prototypes I've seen.
Stomach ache? Na, go with the swine flu, thats good for a week or so and gives you more time to explore and convalesce with your new iPhone.
I might go with hitting a deer on my motorcycle that week for my out.

Phxblue

Bronze
Apr 13, 2008
The Valley, AZ
I'm thinking we'll see a new handset with the same physical design and maybe a few slight adjustments but nothing mind blowing. I do believe the new iPhone will be spec bumped in storage, memory, and processing power. All of the major focus will be on 3.0 and a couple secret or not so secret software additions along with more talking of the previously revealed 3.0 goodies. I think Steve Jobs will make an appearance by skydiving into the event after juming out of a B2 Stealth Bomber flying at Mach 4.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Stomach ache? Na, go with the swine flu, thats good for a week or so and gives you more time to explore and convalesce with your new iPhone.
I might go with hitting a deer on my motorcycle that week for my out.

Don't forget this is just the unveiling. We still have to wait probably another month before they go on sale. Ouch!

I think Steve Jobs will make an appearance by skydiving into the event after juming out of a B2 Stealth Bomber flying at Mach 4.
Wow, his health really has improved then.

Phxblue

Bronze
Apr 13, 2008
The Valley, AZ
It was not a health problem. He took a month off to train for the sky dive and used the illness as a coverup in case he had an "accident" during his training and expired.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I actually got my wife excited about the new iPhone, the minimal bump in our monthly, and her new capabilities (most importantly, high-speed internet at work. She has no wifi, and we're V1ers). She's jonesing like the rest of us now. :)

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Hell yeah, and for the past two years I've been the geek and have brought my brother all the latest news and tweaks for the iPhone. He doesn't hang out on forums, so he relies on me to take care of him. :)

BTW - remember when jailbreaking was a long and laborious process fraught with danger?
Hey,..he should get you the new iPhone as payment for all the legwork with jailbreaking you did for him.

May 6, 2007
United States
Whether the new iPhone is something big or not (and it probably won't be), these Apple events are always fun to see. I am stuck being busy on the eighth, and all that week, so I'll have to check Apple.com and this site in the afternoon to see what's up.

I'll try to sneak on to a computer at some point :).

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Forget Steve Jobs announcing the new iPhone. I need Phil Schiller to do it, and I need him to do it next week at WWDC. Because the sooner that happens, the sooner I can get rid of this thing that I'm stuck with:

Thanks to this:

:mad:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Lincoln, what were the charges for the hanging?

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
I will be taking a long lunch break that day to hook up to a wifi connection to some live coverage.
I am guessing S.J. makes either appears at the end of the show or video appearance to intro the new iPhone(s).

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I will be taking a long lunch break that day to hook up to a wifi connection to some live coverage.
I am guessing S.J. make either appears at the end of the show or video appearance to intro the new iPhone(s).
I feel that way too, Steve Jobs will make some sort of cameo appearance even if it is just for a brief moment.

May 6, 2007
United States
It's definitely possible. My guess is that they'll definitely have him pop up in front of the crowd at some point, especially because he's been seen about a little bit lately.

Hopefully, he'll be able to announce the new iPhone. If not, though, I just hope he's doing well. Apple does need to learn to release something major without him, though, because he won't be around forever.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
I am guessing S.J. makes either appears at the end of the show or video appearance to intro the new iPhone(s).
Financial results of iTunes, mac, ipods/iPhones
Snow leopard demo
More iPhone O/S 3.0 features
S.J. to present new iPhone(s) as the "one more thing" or maybe someone else does the new iPhones, and SJ himself is the "one more thing" that will make investors and fanboys very happy.