The DARK KNIGHT(ONLY IF YOU SEEN IT!!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kashbo25, Jul 20, 2008.

1. kashbo25

kashbo25 New Member
    Bronze

Man Was this movie da shizzznit! I have to say better than ironman It suck though heath ledger was a great joker!, But Got a question did 2face really die? I mean in da comics and all im just wondering will harvey dent be back for da next batman movie! But also Speculation has it johnny depp might play the next joker?

2. Alexander

Alexander Zealot
    Gold

Whether or not Two Face died is a topic of great controversy.

I say he's alive. Lt. Gordon and Batman would rather have the public think Harvey Dent was dead than see Gotham's white knight leading a life of crime. The IMDb boards have a lot more information on this.

3. iCafe

iCafe New Member

I just saw the movie tonight
    GREAT MOVIE

i hope that if they bring back the joker they will just show clips of heath and kill him off in the begininnig
    i would hate to see another actor play the joker
    and im not sure if 2face really did die .. if he did , that was quick..
    i wonder if they are going to bring the penguin or riddler
    p.s. im glad they killed off maggie gynlenhols ugly ass character

4. Alexander

Alexander Zealot
    Gold

Maggie and Katie Holmes both did nothing for the role. I hope the Joker is left out completely and just reported on the loose, or whatever. No other actor could do what Heath did.

5. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

Maggie was a much better cast this time around than Katie could have been. There would be no way that I could believe Katie in that role for this movie.

And I agree with Alex, definitely don't bring back the Joker. No one else could possibly live up to Heath in that role.

6. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I agree, Heath was unbelievable! I've seen some of his other flicks, but his acting in DK was oscar material. Great movie, btw.

7. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

When he was lying on the ground after the fall, he looked pretty stiff to me.

8. iCafe

iCafe New Member

Yeah he did, but i noticed a close by tunnel he may have been able to get to before the authorities came
    who knows but i don't really care for 2face all that much
    so i hope he did really die
    I want to see Penguin !
    Dany Devito can still play him ... or maybe verne troyer lol

9. Alexander

Alexander Zealot
    Gold

Well, Two-Face could go either way I guess. All that matters to me, is that if he does come back - please just make him a side plot. He can't carry an entire movie as the main villain.

I want to see a Penguin too iCafe, but Nolan said The Penguin doesn't fit within the realistic nature of his universe.

I think a good one would be The Riddler, because he is believable. I don't want someone quirky to play him though like Jim Carrey, I want him portrayed as an "intelligent person with a love for the dramatics".

10. iCafe

iCafe New Member

Yeah i guess the penguin wouldn't fit in with this more realistic batman
    riddler would definitely be cool i wonder if the lieutenant's son (the blond kid batman saved) i wonder if they will age him and make him robin

11. Alexander

Alexander Zealot
    Gold

Nolan said he would never do a Batman film with Robin, and Bale said if Nolan chose to introduce Robin he wouldn't be returning haha.

Though Gordon's daughter, who you don't see in the movie other than the mom's line "go play with your sister", turns out to be Bat Girl in the comics. Maybe they'll introduce her.

12. iCafe

iCafe New Member

Thanks for the info.
    Im assuming the next batman film will be the last for Nolan and Bale, if that is true they have to squeeze a lot into it

13. Alexander

Alexander Zealot
    Gold

True. Bale, Oldman, and Caine all have contracts for three movies. I really don't want these movies to end, because I enjoy watching them so much. But I don't want the franchise to put out a movie like "Batman & Robin", so maybe it's best they go down on top.

14. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

What about bringing back a less campy Mr. Freeze? Less focus on Poison Ivy. :)

15. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

Sadly I read a rumor that Tila Tequila was asked to be Poison Ivy, at least it was just a rumor.

Supposedly Maggie G. has signed on to do B3, meaning, she's not really dead.

16. lman

lman New Member
    Silver

I dunno i have a feeling two face is dead. The character i don't think was meant to continue on into the next film. Someone said it already, but there is little chance they do penguin because of the unrealistic nature of the character. Riddler would be cool and seems like a pretty solid bet. I loved the movie, one of my favorites. And i thought heath was incredible, not because he's dead now, but he was truly one with his character. He couldn't have played joker better. I think it would be an insult to cast a new joker, he played him so well and created such a character, i don't think any other actor could create a similar image. it would be a different joker all together if someone else played him....

Favorite part of the movie (though i had tons), i loved when he made the pencil disappear. That entire scene with the mob members was great.

17. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

The pencil scene was insane. When it happened in the movie all of my friends and I just turned at each other in disbelief that it happened.

We were actually talking about the PG-13 rating. It's true that there was never really any blood visible or anything and not much alluding to sex or drugs but that movie is certainly intense. I also feel that if this had been most any other movie then it may have well earned an R rating.

18. lman

lman New Member
    Silver

I can see what you mean about the "r" rating. The joker could be a pretty scaring character for some 13 year olds. It's not like on the comics or the cartoons, but at the same time it's still batma, kids under 17 should still be able to enjoy it. I'm 18 and that's only a little over the cut for rated r movies but at 16 I could have handled pretty much any rated r film.

19. kashbo25

kashbo25 New Member
    Bronze

seriously the pencil trick was insane! Lol Wanna see a magic trick! WHAM! LOL I hope b3 comes out within 2 years

20. iCafe

iCafe New Member