The day I almost got rid of my iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camtheram

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Colorado
So today before I found out about the $100 store credit, I was pretty disappointed with Apple. It's all I could think about all day. I decided to go look at new phones around town. I went to Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile. I looked at the Blackberry 8830 from Verizon, T-Mobile said the Blackberry 8800 was only available online, and the guy in AT&T was pretty rude when I told him about my situation. I did get to see the Blackberry 8800 in AT&T though. It felt so cheap and the menus were so complicated. After looking at all those different phones, I decided nothing came close to being as good as the iPhone. The Blackberry Maps app in the Blackberry 8830 was a joke. I drove home and decided the best thing was to stick with my iPhone.

I now know Apple is going to offer a $100 store credit to loyal early adopters like myself. I still feel like we mean something to Apple. Apple has earned back my respect. Thank you Apple and thank you Steve :cool:

biffyiffy

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
I did get to see the Blackberry 8800 in AT&T though. It felt so cheap

Only part of your post I have to disagree with. Blackberrys are VERY durable. Ive dropped mine I don't know how many times from heights that would surely kill any iPhone.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
We don't mean anything to Apple.

A $100 store credit? Come on, marketing move. Calm down the people who don't look at the big picture and make tons of revenues that they wouldn't get.

That $100 store credit isn't $100 because of profit margins as well as being such a low sum that probably 60-70% of people will go over on it; thereforee creating unexpected revenue for Apple. Apple has it planned out.

There should be no thanking corporate greed and lack of ethics.

camtheram

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Colorado
Only part of your post I have to disagree with. Blackberrys are VERY durable. Ive dropped mine I don't know how many times from heights that would surely kill any iPhone.
I just meant it felt kind of cheap. I'm sure they're durable but the iPhone feels expensive and solid...lol

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I just meant it felt kind of cheap. I'm sure they're durable but the iPhone feels expensive and solid...lol
Just like my Rolex. Feels expensive, but will break a lot easier than a Timex.

I TOTALLY understand where your coming from on that cheap feel. I always think of things like that.

When buying real estate: these doors are too light, these doors don't feel like real wood, 6 panel doors yuck,, these handles are too light and surface feels cheap. lol.

snaggle

Jul 21, 2007
We don't mean anything to Apple.

A $100 store credit? Come on, marketing move. Calm down the people who don't look at the big picture and make tons of revenues that they wouldn't get.

That $100 store credit isn't $100 because of profit margins as well as being such a low sum that probably 60-70% of people will go over on it; thereforee creating unexpected revenue for Apple. Apple has it planned out.

There should be no thanking corporate greed and lack of ethics.
I have noticed your recent postings - which are nothing more than incessant whining and moaning about this iPhone price cut issue - and although I don't post much here, I feel obliged to tell you what I think.

Apple did the right thing.

Yes, it took them 24 hours - but they did do what they needed to do to be fair to the early iPhone adopters. The speed of technological evolution is relentless. We are all sometimes 'caught like deer in the headlights' of it.

I agree that a 33% price drop in 2 months was more than I could understand, and I was 'hurt' by it. There is nothing more that needs to be said about this.

So last night I wrote an angry and hopeful email to [what I believed was] Steve Jobs email address - and guess what happened.

I am very happy to get back $100 in Apple store credit. I will use it either to purchase Leopard [10.5], buy a new keyboard and mouse, or maybe buy two iPod shuffles for Christmas presents for my nieces.

I would have spent my money there anyways.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I have noticed your recent postings - which are nothing more than incessant whining and moaning about this iPhone price cut issue - and although I don't post much here, I feel obliged to tell you what I think.

Apple did the right thing.

Yes, it took them 24 hours - but they did do what they needed to do to be fair to the early iPhone adopters. The speed of technological evolution is relentless. We are all sometimes 'caught like deer in the headlights' of it.

I agree that a 33% price drop in 2 months was more than I could understand, and I was 'hurt' by it. There is nothing more that needs to be said about this.

So last night I wrote an angry and hopeful email to [what I believed was] Steve Jobs email address - and guess what happened.

I am very happy to get back $100 in Apple store credit. I will use it either to purchase Leopard [10.5], buy a new keyboard and mouse, or maybe buy two iPod shuffles for Christmas presents for my nieces.

I would have spent my money there anyways.

When a company blatantly lacks ethics, they deserve to be scolded.

I'll be pirating Leopard unless Apple does something soon and isn't so obvious with its ploys.

I should start a FREE LEOPARD campaign, stores are so packed. No one would notice a few labeled DVD's here and there.

snaggle

Jul 21, 2007
When a company blatantly lacks ethics, they deserve to be scolded.

I'll be pirating Leopard unless Apple does something soon and isn't so obvious with its ploys.

I should start a FREE LEOPARD campaign, stores are so packed. No one would notice a few labeled DVD's here and there.
You do not have a clue about what you are saying - unless you are a M$ troll, or you are really dumb.

And if you think that neither of the above apply ...
Then you need to either ... grow up - or seek 'professional help'.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
You do not have a clue about what you are saying - unless you are a M$ troll, or you are really dumb.

And if you think that neither of the above apply ...
Then you need to either ... grow up - or seek 'professional help'.
snaggle, you are new here so I'll forgive you this time, still reported. No personal insults allowed.

snaggle

Jul 21, 2007
snaggle, you are new here so I'll forgive you this time, still reported. No personal insults allowed.
Whatever.
You have written too many posts that are overly antagonistic and 'troll like' towards Apple - and I don't like it. Apple listened to their customers, and they came out and corrected their mistake today regarding the price cut. Their offer was genuine and fair - as far as I am concerned.

The iPhone is an amazing product. If you don't like it, or it didn't meet with your expectations - then sell it [for whatever you can get for it].

And what about this - that you posted ...

"I should start a FREE LEOPARD campaign, stores are so packed. No one would notice a few labeled DVD's here and there"

Should that not be taken LITERALLY by the mods?

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Whatever.
You have written too many posts that are overly antagonistic and 'troll like' towards Apple - and I don't like it. Apple listened to their customers, and they came out and corrected their mistake today regarding the price cut. Their offer was genuine and fair - as far as I am concerned.

The iPhone is an amazing product. If you don't like it, or it didn't meet with your expectations - then sell it [for whatever you can get for it].

And what about this - that you posted ...

"I should start a FREE LEOPARD campaign, stores are so packed. No one would notice a few labeled DVD's here and there"

Should that not be taken LITERALLY by the mods?
The last part of your post is off-topic. Do I really have to waste energy on reporting your post again.

snaggle

Jul 21, 2007
The last part of your post is off-topic. Do I really have to waste energy on reporting your post again.
It's not off topic. Actually - if you want to get down to the truth, then your original post was 'off-topic' - because the TOPIC that is being discussed on this message board is about the iPhone.

If you have been given the 'courtesy' by the boards creators to be able to post your endless ranting and raving about how dishonest, etc. Apple Inc. is - and did not expect to receive comments that were not in your 'favor' - then I apologize.

Did you really have to waste your energy to post this?
If you feel that you did ... then I guess that you do - if it makes you feel better.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
It's not off topic. Actually - if you want to get down to the truth, then your original post was 'off-topic' - because the TOPIC that is being discussed on this message board is about the iPhone.

If you have been given the 'courtesy' by the boards creators to be able to post your endless ranting and raving about how dishonest, etc. Apple Inc. is - and did not expect to receive comments that were not in your 'favor' - then I apologize.

Did you really have to waste your energy to post this?
If you feel that you did ... then I guess that you do - if it makes you feel better.
Your not the first person to not be in my favor. Catch up on this forum, then post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.