the deal with signatures?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
So i'm taking it because no one has little 300 by 100 or whatever the size is signatures we arent allowed to have them? Can anyone confirm this. If we are i'd want to put one up since i've made quiet a lot through the years because photoshop has been a hobby of mine.

example of something i've made and would use, i dunno haha

I'm asking because i want to add a little personality to my posts.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
When you edit your signature the in User CP, there is a panel beneath the text box that allows you to upload images to the signature.

- John

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
When you edit your signature the in User CP, there is a panel beneath the text box that allows you to upload images to the signature.

- John
Uhm - not true:

Allow Basic BBCode Yes
Allow Color BBCode Yes
Allow Size BBCode Yes
Allow Font BBCode Yes
Allow Alignment BBCode Yes
Allow List BBCode Yes
Allow Link BBCode Yes
Allow HTML No
Allow Code No
Allow Code BBCode Yes
Allow PHP BBCode Yes
Allow HTML BBCode Yes
Allow Quote BBCode Yes
Allow Smilies Yes
Can Upload Images for Signature No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature Yes

Chris already has confirmed we can't have them - though I do wonder why... If it's EDGE, then disable them on the iPhone view mode...

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007

- John
its not about how you do them...i know how. I was wondering if we can?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Hmm.. I haven't tried it, but the box is there all right - at least for me. It allows you to upload images and use ones from a URL.

- John

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
read post #4 in this thread. and then if you don't believe it - SEARCH and you'll see.
I saw what his post said...wasn't ignoring it. I only continued to ask because i was getting a mixed response from different people, including John. He didn't say we could but he seemed unsure.

I have my answer though...thanks guys.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I would personally love to see images in sig, but only in pc use. I post from my phone atleast 75% of the time and if it was allowed on the phone version I think it would be very annoying.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
It would be cool if someone could write a script so pc use you could have signatures and people could see them, but if viewing from an iPhone they would not show up and thereforee not add to the load time of pages..

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm currently on the road - when I get home I'll try uploading an image to the signature and see if you guys can see it.

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Okay. I got an image in it successfuly, and it showed up on the forum.

- John

Last edited by a moderator:

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
So it looks as if we can, but are we allowed was my original question. I hadn't even thought that we wouldn't be given the option, i just thought we weren't allowed to have them...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Guess that's it then. Oh well.

- John