The directional arrow in Google Maps keeps pointing the wrong way?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by bitemyapple, Aug 10, 2014.

1. bitemyapple

bitemyapple Member
    Bronze

I don't know if this is normal, I've just never seen Google Maps do this. Whenever I'm using it for navigation the arrow doesn't point up? It keeps giving me directions upside down, instead of the arrow pointing north, as you can see in the picture it always points down. It confuses me when I'm driving. Anyway to fix this?

[​IMG]

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Try tapping the compass on the map.

3. bitemyapple

bitemyapple Member
    Bronze

You mean that circle at top right? I don't think anything is working. I tried pressing it. When I hold my iPhone in my hand while driving using GMaps, the directions arrow is always going the wrong way. Hard for me to describe. Caused me to get loss numerous times. iOS maps doesn't have this issue.

[​IMG]

#3 bitemyapple, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

In both of your screen shots the small compass icon shows the map view is in the "North Up" mode, that is the the map is always oriented with north up and the arrow rotation changes to show the direction you are actually moving in. Tapping that compass icon should change the map view to "Arrow Up", meaning that the arrow will always point up to the top of the current view (landscape or portrait) and the map rotates to show changes in the direction of movement. I just tried this with my iPhone 5 and it works as described above. If you cannot change modes you could try removing and re-installing the app. Re-post and let us know how you made out with it. Good luck!

5. Katrin82

Katrin82 Guest

I have the same problem

6. bitemyapple

bitemyapple Member
    Bronze

Just hit the compass like mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk