The fastest loading camera app?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by jadmorffier, Jul 12, 2013.

1. jadmorffier

jadmorffier Member
    Bronze

I've tried heaps and heaps but can't seem to find any good ones.

I'd like to be able to take a 16:9 snap as quickly as possible. Anyone know a fast app that can do that?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

What's wrong with the stock app from the lock screen?

Sent Using iCafe App

3. jadmorffier

jadmorffier Member
    Bronze

It doesn't take 16:9 shots automatically. You have to manually crop every picture each time.

Sent using iCafe app

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

He wants 16:9 and the stock camera doesn't take pictures in that aspect ratio. Pictures taken in landscape mode (even from the lock screen) are 4:3 aspect ratio. You have to use an app to get 16:9. There are many apps that will do this, but all they are really doing is cropping your pictures for you.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

6. jadmorffier

jadmorffier Member
    Bronze

Thanks for understanding my question and sharing the SnappyCam app. I will try it out thanks.

I have a jailbroken iPhone which allows me to change the lockscreen camera to whatever app I want.

Here is my reasoning; I find myself only ever viewing my photo albums on my iPhone 5 or TV. Both are 16:9 screens. This seems to be the standard ratio these days, not 4:3. So what I end up doing is cropping all my pics to 16:9 so they fill the screen nicely. Looking at the native resolution of a standard 1080p TV screen, cropping an iPhone 5 photo to 16:9 drops the picture resolution yes but it is still well above the native resolution of a TV or any smartphone screen. For me it just makes sense to have this ratio as the standard for all camera app. It already is with recording videos. Having an iPhone app that does 16:9 as default is a great option. My search has been for the fastest app that does this.

Sent using iCafe app

7. jadmorffier

jadmorffier Member
    Bronze

I tried out SnappyCam and it's the best app I've tried so far. Thanks again I think you've found a winner for me.

Sent using iCafe app