The first phone I've wanted since the iPhone was introduced (2 years ago)

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
The HTC Touch Pro (aka the Fuze)

I was hanging out at Best Buy today with my friends and we were all looking at the phones. I kept going back to the Touch Pro (even though they are non working displays) but I love the way it looks and feels. I really want to use it to test the software for myself. So far everything I have seen online about it seems fantastic.

Has anyone tried this, or the HTC Diamond?

Also, I feel like a trader for even having interest in something other than the iPhone after being loyal for 2 years :p

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

I was hanging out at Best Buy today with my friends and we were all looking at the phones. I kept going back to the Touch Pro (even though they are non working displays) but I love the way it looks and feels. I really want to use it to test the software for myself. So far everything I have seen online about it seems fantastic.

Also, I feel like a trader for even having interest in something other than the iPhone after being loyal for 2 years :p
Hey, you can look, but you can't touch! LOL

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I touched it :p

My mom's phone isn't working so we went to the AT&T store to see what was wrong and I played with it a little lol.

Then right after, I dropped my iPhone in Costco :sick:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I touched it :p

My mom's phone isn't working so we went to the AT&T store to see what was wrong and I played with it a little lol.

Then right after, I dropped my iPhone in Costco :sick:
Ouch. :sick:

But you never know, maybe it's a sign. :p

How's the iPhone after the fall?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Haha that's what I was thinking :D

It's okay though. No cracks, and no scratches (that I can tell) the back is scratched up and I cant tell if there are any new ones.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I played with the sprint version of the HTC Touch Pro at the sprint store and I also liked it:cool:
-Just like your Bestbuy our Sprint store had a "dummy" model of the phone and what me fall in love with it was the memories it brought back of my old now "missing in action" HTC 8125...cause the Pro had a great keyboard nice screen and buttons and everything :)

But really like I said I only liked it for its nice keyboard...I would not ever buy the Diamond cause IMO its just the HTC Touch with a new design and UI

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
have fun with windows mobile....vomit

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, I think the lust factor in this case has a lot to do with the fact that you saw a non-functioning unit.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Haha that's what I was thinking :D

It's okay though. No cracks, and no scratches (that I can tell) the back is scratched up and I cant tell if there are any new ones.
The Diamond has a problem that has not as of yet been fixed. The hard reset does not work. When the phone freezes as WinMo often does. The only way you can restart the phone is to format the memory. Once you format it stops the phone from seeing the internal memory card (4GB). There is no removable memory card so you are stuck with 256mb of system memory.

The Touch Pro has the same problem. The hard reset does not work. Even though the Touch Pro does have removable memory it is a task to get the phone to recognize it after formatting.

I would suggest making another choice...Mark

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Man his this is actually the first time I have ever seen the full video of "Cant Touch This" and I loved it!:cool:
-OMG he makes it look so easy haha;)

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
The Diamond has a problem that has not as of yet been fixed. The hard reset does not work. When the phone freezes as WinMo often does. The only way you can restart the phone is to format the memory. Once you format it stops the phone from seeing the internal memory card (4GB). There is no removable memory card so you are stuck with 256mb of system memory.

The Touch Pro has the same problem. The hard reset does not work. Even though the Touch Pro does have removable memory it is a task to get the phone to recognize it after formatting.

I would suggest making another choice...Mark
That sucks. I won't be buying it any time soon even if I do decide to switch over...or just have it as a spare lol. I still need to get a job :D

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.

Sorry for replying such an old thread, but since I've tried both, I can tell you that the HTC Touch Pro owns both the Diamond and the iPhone 3G hard. It's very fast, easy to use, and it has all the features that the iPhone misses. Its touch screen is good but you still have to use a stylus, that's why I didn't buy it. I like to use my finger instead, but the icons on the Windows Mobile are too small to use your thumb or even your pinky lol.

Its keyboard is amazing also, much better than the good old Tytn II's. So if you actually take the step of buying a HTC Touch Pro, then I can tell you congratulations from my heart!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Sorry for replying such an old thread, but since I've tried both, I can tell you that the HTC Touch Pro owns both the Diamond and the iPhone 3G hard. It's very fast, easy to use, and it has all the features that the iPhone misses. Its touch screen is good but you still have to use a stylus, that's why I didn't buy it. I like to use my finger instead, but the icons on the Windows Mobile are too small to use your thumb or even your pinky lol.

Its keyboard is amazing also, much better than the good old Tytn II's. So if you actually take the step of buying a HTC Touch Pro, then I can tell you congratulations from my heart!
How is this such an old thread? :confused:

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
It was created 12-31-2008, and I am not replying to anyone's post here, but to the topic creator himself.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008

Windows mobile makes me want to stab my eyes out, horrible OS...