The following feature(s) may not be compatible...?

casssax

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
I'm trying to upgrade to the new iPhone from my iPhone 4 16GB unlimited plan and I get the following message:

Important Information:
The following feature(s) on your account may not be compatible with the phone you have chosen:

We will NOT remove these features from your account.

You are currently on an unlimited data plan. If you would like to ensure you remain on an unlimited data plan, please be sure to select unlimited data option below.

Note: To avoid excessive charges, please log into att.com/mywireless or call Customer Care at 800-331-0500 after you've activated your new device to remove your current incompatible feature(s) and to add new compatible feature(s) to your account.
What does this mean?

I get that I have to select the unlimited plan if I want to keep it, but is there anything else that I have to worry about. What are the 'incompatible' features that they are going to ask me to remove after I activate my new phone?

Thanks.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
Yes you should be ok. I had the same thin happen. Just go ahead and upgrade everything will stay the same. Then once I got my 4s I just called AT&T and the lady made sure everything was the way it should be. Only thing is keep your unlimited if that's what you want. Everything else is easy to change and fix

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
It's a wording scam by AT&T to get you to pick another package plan. Once you agree to lose your unlimited "iPhone 4" data plan, there will be an option to choose a "iP4S" unlimited data plan at the end of the other data plan options. Stupid AT&T....