The Force Awakens w/SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've created a separate thread for discussing spoilers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This way, anyone who doesn't want spoilers can avoid this thread altogether.

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Kylo Ren is the son of Han and Leia. Rey is strong with The Force and there is mystery concerning who her parents are. My guess is that she is either Kylo Ren's twin sister, like Leia is Luke's twin sister, or she is Luke's daughter. There was a reference to her dreaming about an ocean and an island, like where Luke has isolated himself since episode VI. The final scene of the movie, along with her being offered Luke's lightsaber, have me leaning towards her being Luke's daughter. Thoughts?

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie but I thought it was a little weak how they recycled the whole blowing up the "Death Star" again, including having a separate team to disable the shields prior to launching the attack. I had read that Harrison Ford played the role of Han Solo again with the stipulation that the character be killed off in episode VII. I'm not sure if that is true, but the outcome was still partially a surprise. I mean, I was kinda expecting it, but wasn't sure it was going to happen when it did. I kinda thought Kylo was gonna come around there for a second.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I noticed he totally ripped off your glasses.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I wasn't sure what Luke would look like at the end of the film. With the beard and a few years, he looked right for the part!

5. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

You mean the ones featured here? :D

6. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I wasn't expecting that death, but I guess it had to be done. I believe that Harrison Ford did a fantastic job in this movie. If he did want to be killed off, he certainly made the most of his part. They could have told the exact same story without another death star. I believe they were trying to pay homage to the original trilogy. OK, move on. Please no more planet killers. I had mentioned elsewhere that Ren was kinda whiny. But I was politely reminded of Anakin, The Early Years. Yep, he was a little brat, too. Look how he turned out! :) So, is Rey taking over for Han Solo or will she be Luke's apprentice? Or both? No way Finn could take on the role of a Han Solo as Chewie's partner.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Saw it last night. We were waiting for my brother and his family to get here from Alaska. I remember seeing episodes 5 and 6 in the theaters when I was a kid. I found myself getting a bit teary-eyed as soon as that original music started, the yellow, scrolling text appeared and every time one of the original characters showed up. I loved how a bunch of the audience put their arms in the air and cheered with that first note when it started. You don't see that every day - especially five days after opening! I really enjoyed the humor...C3PO being self-conscious about his red arm and Han saying, "Oh, you're cold" to Chewy.

8. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I found myself getting teary eyed several times during the movie, including when they first showed the Mellenium Falcon and especially during Han and Leia's first scene together. :cry:

9. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I got a little choked up as well at certain parts, maybe not as much as you softies.....
    But what a great flick. I think Rey is Luke's daughter.

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Oh, bull. I heard you got a creeper when C-3PO started whining about his red arm. ;)

11. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

What part of Alaska??

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

He's pretty close to Anchorage. Eagle River. They love Alaska and have been there for about seven years.

13. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

That's where my dad lives. I was there on Tuesday. I live in Soldotna, about a 3 hour drive away.

14. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Haha, but nah, never was a 3PO fan.

15. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

How's the vampire situation there?

16. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

When I saw Han and Leia, I got a little choked up as well. A day or two after watching the movie, I kept saying how I couldn't believe Han is gone. He was a big part of Star Wars. Luke looked a lot older than Han. Maybe it was that beard. Rey seems to be the ultimate combo of Luke with her strong ability with the force and Han's mechanical/technical knowledge and piloting skills.

17. DomePatrol

DomePatrol New Member

I enjoyed the movie as well. I kind of expected the big death, given what Harrison Ford has said previously about Han Solo. That being said, it was a tough scene to watch...a gut punch. The scene was so well done, I found myself whispering to myself for Chewie to get Kylo. It felt like I was a kid again watching the old Star Wars. And that ending......felt like I did when Empire Strikes Back ended saying to myself that they can't end to movie like that, can they? Can't wait for Episode VIII.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Agreed! :)

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

20. Europa

Europa Moderator