The full iPhone experience (my story).

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
I returned last night from a weekend vacation and it was the first chance I had to "stretch the legs" of the iPhone, and let me tell you it was a great experience. I probably for the first time, at one point or another, used every function on the phone.

It started in the car when we hooked it up to the cd player to listen to songs on the drive. Then i popped on a tv show to watch while driving to pass some time. Once we arrived, I used Google maps to locate the hotel where we were staying. As soon as I arrived, I connected to the wi-fi in our room. This was the first time using wi-fi more more than a second or two as well.

The next day, I was on the wi-fi all day. Finally got to use the youtube function the way it should be used, and was pulling up video's all day. They're starting to convert more videos, and once the entire catalog is converted it is going to be great. Looking up websites to pass the time. Taking pictures and everything.

Checked the weather and e-mail multiple times. Obviously made some calls, and I'm no longer worried about the earpiece volume. I was able to hear perfectly clear. Still haven't dropped a call yet. Sent out some texts too. Then used google maps to find a pizza place and the phone number was right there. Unbelieveable.

Then the kicker for me. Was at a MLB baseball game yesterday. We were sitting there in the stands and we weren't sure exactly what slugging percentage was and what team a player used to play for. So I said, wait a minute we don't have to think about this anymore and I pulled out the iPhone. Figured I'd just connect to edge because I leave wi-fi off unless I need it. Well I go to wikipedia and then it prompts me to connect to the baseball teams wi-fi. Right there in the stands! We were at the top of the ballpark. So I connected and found the answers.

Unbelieveable. My first experience really using the wi-fi is great. I mean we also sat down to eat and the restaurant had wi-fi and I just connected. When your near a hotspot and being able to just connect is great.

This thing is like the ultimate device when your on vacation and weekend getaways. The battery life wasn't bad either. I was surfing and on it all day on Saturday and it still got through the day. Anyone who is thinking about getting one, let me tell you when you have an opportunity to use it like I did this weekend, it's worth every penny.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I have also found that it does wonders for the bathroom experience.:laugh2:
beats hell out of the local fishwrapper doesn't it? :) glad I'm not the only one!

good story tfg, I went on vacation the wek it came out and had similar experience oher than I got dealyed leaving due to the 40+ hour activation:mad: made a few posts on here from the beach which was just too cool......

This thing is like the ultimate device when your on vacation and weekend getaways. The battery life wasn't bad either. I was surfing and on it all day on Saturday and it still got through the day. Anyone who is thinking about getting one, let me tell you when you have an opportunity to use it like I did this weekend, it's worth every penny.
Gee.. you must have gotten one of the "broken" ones! Everyone I talk to tells me what a piece of garbage my phone is and how much they hate them (even though they don't OWN one).

Ya know with THAT many phones, there's BOUND to be one or two working ones get out by accident. ;)

BTW.. I LOVE mine too!

WHM

Jul 18, 2007
Mine Works Too !

Gee.. you must have gotten one of the "broken" ones! Everyone I talk to tells me what a piece of garbage my phone is and how much they hate them (even though they don't OWN one).

Ya know with THAT many phones, there's BOUND to be one or two working ones get out by accident. ;)

BTW.. I LOVE mine too!
I also got a good one... must have several out that really works. Yesterday had to dig out my old Casio Boss to retrieve an old phone number. This dates back to before my first Mac.. at least 15 years. I remember when I purchased it and what a wonderful tool it was. Finally I could travel and not carry my phone book with the replaceable pages when an address changed or the phone number. All it was good for was contacts and was an upgrade for what I had been using. Casio Boss Business Organizer Series... 256K. Paid over $600 for it and only kept contacts. iPhone.... WHAT A DEAL and maybe 1/3 the size ! :laugh2:

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Caution: The iPhone does not work well with a gallon of water.

I think I read somewhere this is the #1 reason for a dead cell phone.
That's why Once you stand from the crapper you lay the iPhone on the ground. No holding it in one hand while wiping your know u what wit the other.

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
Great review TFG!

You show and help us all realize again (if you haven't yet) what a fun, cool, and helpful tool it is at our fingertips, 24/7.

And yeah...the easiest way to fry any cell is to drop it in the crapper.
My twin sis did that last summer to her Razr and of course then got a pink one after her 'accident'.

Guess what phone she has now too...

Copycats.;)

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Great review TFG!

You show and help us all realize again (if you haven't yet) what a fun, cool, and helpful tool it is at our fingertips, 24/7.

And yeah...the easiest way to fry any cell is to drop it in the crapper.
My twin sis did that last summer to her Razr and of course then got a pink one after her 'accident'.

Guess what phone she has now too...

Copycats.;)
Thanks. This seriously is an incredible device. It also seems that the things that the phone is missing I really don't care about that much. It's perfect for what I want.

No joke either, I was more looking forward to testing the iPhone over this weekend than the actual weekend itself. After i got the phone on June 29th, I didn't get it to work with the iTunes on my computer until July 8th. And during that time I was working crazy overtime hours, so it seemed that I had this awesome phone but couldn't put anything on it and didn't have time to use it. This was finally the weekend for me to use it how it was intended to be used.