the future of iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
how can anyone think that updates won't come? Didn't you all own iPods before getting an iPhone? Remember the update that added podcasts and then games? What about the update that added search functions? Volume controls?come one people have some faith. Enough guessing...can't we just enjoy it as it is, even without copy and paste and mms and video? Bah humbug

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
how can anyone think that updates won't come? Didn't you all own iPods before getting an iPhone? Remember the update that added podcasts and then games? What about the update that added search functions? Volume controls?come one people have some faith. Enough guessing...can't we just enjoy it as it is, even without copy and paste and mms and video? Bah humbug
We can enjoy it as is but I don't blame people for wanting the most baic functions that even cheap free phones have now a days.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
I've never owned an iPod personally. I had a rio mp3 player and then a zune. iPhone is actually the first Apple product I've owned. So I'm not really personally aware of all the updating Apple does. Its all hearsay to me.

The first update gave me some confidence. Just give copy and paste, its my biggest annoyance.

Painkiller

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
I wanna type in landscape in all apps! I wanna be able to save pics that people send me in emails. I want to be able to surf the net and not be held back by an incomplete browser that doesn't have flash. I want to be able to save files I find on the net. I want bluetooth to allow me to beam a file over to a friend. I want my volume on this thing to not be so damn Icrappy. I want more ringtones and I want to be able to attach them to sms notices. I want more vibration features instead of the single "buzz", then that's it.

These are NOT ridiculous requests. Very understandable and already capable on plenty of other phones out there...much cheaper ones at that!

Not YET unhappy with my Ipurchase...but will be if simple things like the above aren't addressed. :oops:

Aug 9, 2007
I wanna type in landscape in all apps! I wanna be able to save pics that people send me in emails. I want to be able to surf the net and not be held back by an incomplete browser that doesn't have flash. I want to be able to save files I find on the net. I want bluetooth to allow me to beam a file over to a friend. I want my volume on this thing to not be so damn Icrappy. I want more ringtones and I want to be able to attach them to sms notices. I want more vibration features instead of the single "buzz", then that's it.

These are NOT ridiculous requests. Very understandable and already capable on plenty of other phones out there...much cheaper ones at that!

Not YET unhappy with my Ipurchase...but will be if simple things like the above aren't addressed. :oops:
i know what you mean... i feel EXACTLY the same way =[ *sigH*

w5ttx

Jul 2, 2007
Texas

Me too, I feel your iPain. I do love my iPhone, but c'mon Apple, these features have been out for a while on MUCH less (not even smartphones). phones :(

Aug 9, 2007
One more thing! why no flash on the camera ? i just don't get it? =/ other phone has it, and no video recording either but whatever. but still it sucks =[ the iPhone couldve been so much better. but i guess they want something to upgrade haha

propynyl

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
I feel the same way

I feel the same way. I mean I don't even have multiple calanders (color-coded) in the calander program, which was CLEARLY unfinished when the iPhone was released. Apple spent too much damn time on their useless YouTube application and not enough time on Copy/paste, and the calander apps.

I am not unhappy yet, but each week that goes by without an update makes me less and less happy. I have my doubts!

Not to mention that each update that adds functionality will entice new people to buy the iPhone, so it is in Apple's best interest.