The Good Morning Thread

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
GOOD GOD! I'm floored! I absolutely HATE when people do horribly selfish things like that! Those books not only held sentimental value, but they also sound like they held monitory value as well. Those books represent an accomplishment themselves. Books from Oxford University? What in the hell was this step mom thinking?

I'm sorry that happened to your family. Fires and disasters are traumatic enough, but provided no one got hurt and you managed to salvage some valuable sentimental items, the things that lasted through the fire should not have had such a fate.

WOW! Just WOW! That story had me cursing out loud!
Thanks - yeah she was a real piece of work. Not a good person at all. I forgot one thing. While she managed to keep loads of tapes, she had also managed to tape over the Thomas Hearns v Marvin Hagler fight - which was marked every which way but loose as Go Away, Never Ever Touch etc.

Yeah, never really missed her a whole bunch once she was out of my life.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I am still missing all my sons child pics burned to DVD's and childhood pics of mine and hubby I would not be happy if they where gone. Everything else I guess I can replace I got insurance. But honest a company who is hired to move and protect your houshold goods should be able to do their job.
If anyone moves here is some info
https://www.protectyourmove.gov/
Consumers can report unsafe and poor performing moving companies by calling FMCSA's nationwide complaint hotline at 1-888-368-7238 (1-888 DOT-SAFT).

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Lovely morning here, if your a duck! Dreary, rainy & blah kinda morning so far. Good day to back up iDevices, restore and re jailbreak I guess :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Mornings passed for me. I've been up since 0400 and I've driven over 250 miles... :(

The weather in the UK, as you've probably heard is unbelievable. It's been like 27-29 degrees all week!

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Good Morning. It's Hot As Ballz outside. Dag On It Man! AC ON!

I'm eating a L8 breakfast of Steel Cut Oatmeal and listening to "I Think I Just Did A WooHoo." everythingicafe Podcast. Good Stuff.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It is news-worthy for what we usually have. Remember the floods of summer 2008? Yeah. 27° - 29° is quite brilliant.
We've bee advised for flash floods for yesterday and today, lol. British weather is mad crazy stupid.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Not a very good morning for me because I received a D+ for the Political Science course I took this semester. I went to the university and talked to the professor, it is all because of the lack of participation in class along with missing the references page in the final research paper. This truly sucks as I wanted a good grade in order to declare, but I guess I can make up for it by taking another Political Science class in the summer and doing well in.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Not a very good morning for me because I received a D+ for the Political Science course I took this semester. I went to the university and talked to the professor, it is all because of the lack of participation in class along with missing the references page in the final research paper. This truly sucks as I wanted a good grade in order to declare, but I guess I can make up for it by taking another Political Science class in the summer and doing well in.
Sorry to hear that, but that good news is, you found out why you didn't do so well, and you will be taking steps to make up for it instead of throwing in the towel and saying Oh Well. (I know people who do this.)

Chin Up! U've identified the problem and are taking actions to correct the situation. Very good. Although I know you don't need it, I wish you good luck in the Political Science Class this summer. You can do nothing but good in it. You know what to expect, and you know what to do to make the grade better. That is more than 1/2 the battle won!

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Good Mornign All!

Hot this morning and hotter this afternoon. Thunderstorms later too.

Welcome Summer! I can't wait to see you leave! Super hot sticky weather has never been my friend.