The Good Morning Thread

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Not a very good morning for me because I received a D+ for the Political Science course I took this semester. I went to the university and talked to the professor, it is all because of the lack of participation in class along with missing the references page in the final research paper. This truly sucks as I wanted a good grade in order to declare, but I guess I can make up for it by taking another Political Science class in the summer and doing well in.
That stinks ! I am so unfamiliar with this school stuff. I guess once it is graded you couldn't send back the missing paper?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I am awake and already working on tons of stuff I couldn't during the weekend and Memorialday
Yet I still have no clue when I get my left behind household goods. So I have them fed ex and try to get reimbursment for essential items.
Afterall I shoukd wear some pants or bottoms besides my one pair of comfy travel pants ?

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Sorry to hear that, but that good news is, you found out why you didn't do so well, and you will be taking steps to make up for it instead of throwing in the towel and saying Oh Well. (I know people who do this.)

Chin Up! U've identified the problem and are taking actions to correct the situation. Very good. Although I know you don't need it, I wish you good luck in the Political Science Class this summer. You can do nothing but good in it. You know what to expect, and you know what to do to make the grade better. That is more than 1/2 the battle won!
Thank you, Sharun. It is a different class from the one I took, which was 310 Community Development. We had to attend classes every Sunday and Wednesday, do two readings each week (each one is over 60 pages) about development in Political Science, and we also had to work every Tuesday at an NGO of the professor's choice. It truly was a tough class. I might think about repeating this class later on in order to raise my GPA but, of course, with a different professor since the chair of the Political Science department herself admitted my professor can be one of the toughest in the university. I'm hoping for the best. Thank you again.

That stinks ! I am so unfamiliar with this school stuff. I guess once it is graded you couldn't send back the missing paper?
Unfortunately once you submit it you can not go back and edit or modify anything. I'll just have to live with it and do better in my other courses, by God's will.

Reactions: imutter

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
Thank you, Sharun. It is a different class from the one I took, which was 310 Community Development. We had to attend classes every Sunday and Wednesday, do two readings each week (each one is over 60 pages) about development in Political Science, and we also had to work every Tuesday at an NGO of the professor's choice. It truly was a tough class. I might think about repeating this class later on in order to raise my GPA but, of course, with a different professor since the chair of the Political Science department herself admitted my professor can be one of the toughest in the university. I'm hoping for the best. Thank you again.

Unfortunately once you submit it you can not go back and edit or modify anything. I'll just have to live with it and do better in my other courses, by God's will.
Is there an appeal process? I got a D in one of my courses in law school and was granted an appeal. Ended up with a B. :) In any case, this truly is something you can come back from. Keep your eye on the prize! Any employer worth its salt won't care about one bad grade or overall GPA, rather they will focus on how you learned from adversity. We don't have the declaring thing here, so I'm not sure what that means exactly (major/minor?) but it really is fixable either way.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey

WOW. One good thing is that the Chair of the Political Science department knows that this particular professor is tough so changing to a different professor should be no problem. I wish you luck. I know you'll do well when you retake the class.

Another good thing is to wait to repeat the class a little later to raise your GPA. When you wait, you can let the smoke clear and give your mind a little rest. Things always look better and make a little more sense when you go away, giving your mind a break, a recharge if you will, and then come back to it. That's how it has been for me. When I'm working on a paper or anything and it gets a little overwhelming. I pack it up for a few hours or overnight, go do something else, then come back to it. It's like I have a fresh set of eyes and then its easier to make sense of and finish.

Keep your chin up! No FAIL's here, you're gonig to get a waaay better grade with a better professor, a fresh set of eyes and a clear head. This is just a hurdle that you have made plans to conquer. This gets you ready for the real world where there are constant hurdles. You're going to do GR8!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Morning all. Last day of 3rd grade for my daughter today - which still seems unreal to her mom and I. Her class had a great end of year pool party last night, we spent ages in the swimming pool with her teacher and nearly every kid in her class. Today it'll be a meetup at a local ice cream shop just after school, and tomorrow the three of us will head to Sea World.

Nice way to end the school year.

Reactions: Tattooed Alex

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Is there an appeal process? I got a D in one of my courses in law school and was granted an appeal. Ended up with a B. :) In any case, this truly is something you can come back from. Keep your eye on the prize! Any employer worth its salt won't care about one bad grade or overall GPA, rather they will focus on how you learned from adversity. We don't have the declaring thing here, so I'm not sure what that means exactly (major/minor?) but it really is fixable either way.
I wish we had that but unfortunately we don't. I guess law school is different, or the system of Canadian schools in general is different from mine. I have a friend who transferred to Saint Mary's university in Canada and he tells me it's much easier than when he was in my university. I actually thought about transfering and was going to meet the International Recruitment representative when she came to Egypt but then I got into the whole car accident thing and I just lost motivation and interest. There's always time, though. :)

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Only four hours of sleep, 42 Celsius outside, extremely crowded, and most importantly a huge gas shortage (for the fourth time).

Horrible start.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Morning. Seems like I've missed a lot...from Benny's pee bottle, to the pie in the ear farmer Field trip, to johns daughter with bronchitis (hope she's doing better now!) to chris walking Ava in the park, imutter 4G LTE and Mac laptop for Christmas and some whiskey. Lol. Getting a new laptop today, hope it's amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Reactions: imutter