The Good Morning Thread

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
So how do you like Fios?
I know this was quoted for Chris, but I got FIOS about 3 months ago and have been loving it! Amazing picture quality, great Internet speeds. The part I don't like is having to dial the area code for local numbers. That takes some getting used too.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Thanks RM, we've had to dial the area code for local numbers for years and i wouldn't be getting phone service from them anyway. I'm just reluctant to switch. Wish i knew someone in the city with FIOS, so i could see if the internet speeds were actually better. I've had cable for over 30 years and i'm not unhappy with it.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Thanks RM, we've had to dial the area code for local numbers for years and i wouldn't be getting phone service from them anyway. I'm just reluctant to switch. Wish i knew someone in the city with FIOS, so i could see if the internet speeds were actually better. I've had cable for over 30 years and i'm not unhappy with it.
I got a better deal with them so I decided on Fios. The picture is certainly nicer and we got way more HD channels. Son swears the internet is awesome (he is the gamer) but I also went up the speed. Overall no complaints. They have great deals for new costumers and 30day try out period.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I wasn't that unhappy with my cable company, but the picture would freeze & pixelate way too often & Verizon was making some great deals so I gave them a chance. No contracts, but I signed a 2 year deal with them and just got my $300 gift card in the mail. Figure I'm gonna spend the money on cable or FIOS one way or another so a 2 year deal didn't bother me ;)

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
I wasn't that unhappy with my cable company, but the picture would freeze & pixelate way too often & Verizon was making some great deals so I gave them a chance. No contracts, but I signed a 2 year deal with them and just got my $300 gift card in the mail. Figure I'm gonna spend the money on cable or FIOS one way or another so a 2 year deal didn't bother me ;)
I signed 2 years since we just signed the house for 2 years too
I did not get any of the card promotion we wanted faster internet :D and not such deal available. But yes I eyeballed the gift cards.
I got the DVR with the multi room view option what is nice too.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Oh and I love FIOS. They did screw us up a bit with our phone #, but they finally got it straightened out.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Logging in this morning from my home. It's been 10 months, 5 moves and a tremendous relief. It's still far from being finished, but that's not dulling my enthusiasm. No more landlords, no more moving boxes (well, not entirely). Who cares if I'm doing dishes in my bathtub.:D
Wanted to click a LOVE button on this one. That's such good news. Not the Kramer on Seinfeld dishwashing technique so much but, ya know, the rest of it. :)

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Good morning EIC. The countdown begins, 1 week until my daughter gets here. The big change this year is that she will not be going back to her mom at the end of the summer. She will be going to high school here in CO so our custody will be reversed. I have waited 12 years for this so I am ecstatic.
Way to go dad!

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
So this will be your final "ForeverHome"?
We have not even decided what state we want to be at LOL
I guess after son has left the house ......... We do have plans (drawings) for the house we build one day. It includs Hybrid Power.
We moved here to MD because of the job oppertunities hubby has. Low and behold he was called from not 1 but 2 companies he did not even applied for. He has a job on Ft.Meade already. After an interview last week it looks like he will be commuting to DC for that job. I am excited the benefits are awesome and the pay is a lot more.

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
I've decided I'd be fine with working 3 days a week. Can someone please talk to my boss about that for me? Thanks.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Reason Number 552 why my daughter is the Best Daughter in the World. She's at her grandparents' place this week and she just texted me. In her first message the word 'though' came out as 'through' - and she texts again immediately to correct the spelling. Then a bit further on she sends again and 'email' comes out as 'enail' and again in a flash she sends another to correct it.

She's 9.

I know it's a small thing but it's made my morning.

Reactions: snowtrooper1966