The Good Morning Thread

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Aha.. well I'd check out Sennheiser and AKG, they are two of the best when it comes to the headphones and earphones industry. I actually bought a V-Moda Crossfade Lp when I was in New York last January. I was originally going to buy the Beats Solo HD but the guy at Radioshack recommended the V-Moda and said it was a $100 bucks off (I checked online and he was right) so I paid only 100 when at the time it was 200 on V-Moda's website and on Amazon.

About three months later the left earphone died, so I sent V-Moda an email, shipped it to them, and they sent me a replacement about two weeks later (which is pretty good since shipping to the US and from the US to Egypt usually takes longer than that). They're a very good company, I'd say, and ever since then the replacement headphones have been working perfectly and with no issues whatsoever. They're also much more comfortable than the Beats Wireless, but that goes to the fact that they're around the ear headphones while the Beats are over the ear.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
V-Moda is a good company. The customer service is awesome. I LOVE my earbuds and don't want to get anything different, but I don't want these to fail and I'm left with virtually nothing. I'm waiting until February when I can just get another pair along with them replacing these. It would be good to have a spair.

They may come out with some theme earbuds. I got the True Blood Maker themed ones and they were AWESOME! Loved those! They failed in one earbud and they could not replace them because they had no spairs. Those were a limited run. So, I got the regular earbuds and have been using them ever since. I just love them!

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
My two - three months old wireless Beats snapped in half (the plastic headband part) while I was about to wear it on my head and I am pretty sure I did not apply any extra pressure than the usual. What a cheap piece of plastic, lol.
I heard this happening
Must say son had his second pair the 1st were made by Monster and they broke but not in half.
The new once I got at BestBuy with thw warranty they are made by Dre and I must say they are much better quality wise.
They do come with the warranty from the Company for 1 year.
You used to be able to go online and put in a # with Monster (to verify it was not a conterfeit items and warranty) I am not certain if you can with byDre?
That stinks so !
I bought Ella and they say lifetime warranty
they sound great and they wont fall out at the gyn but they are not comfortable.
Hubby got a pair of the new Klipsch and hated it so he is back to earpods

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Mine are made by Monster, unfortunately. I am pretty sure they are under warranty since my Dad purchased them from BestBuy and I have the receipt and I guess I could verify the serial online. That will not do any good, though, since I'd have to ship it which will cost me a lot for something that breaks so easily and may happen again!

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I may actually send them a message regarding this with my receipt number, serial number, and the condition of the headphones. It may be cheaper to send the Beats for repair than it did the V-Moda Crossfade Lp since it weighs a lot more and I sent it inside its box (which is huge and heavy on its own) whereas the Beats (excluding the box) is very lightweight.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
Good morning! Drinking coffee and watching it start to snow! Oh how I wish it would snow 5 feet lol!

Sent using iCafe app

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
Well it snowed again but not really sticking. Kinda teasing us here!

Sent using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Another dreary, but warm day here in NY.

Trying to undo all of the damage to my arteries over the past week, month, year. Had cottage cheese with blueberries for breakfast. It's been ages since I've been any sort of healthy. My resolutions kicked in on the Sunday after CES.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
Another dreary, but warm day here in NY.

Trying to undo all of the damage to my arteries over the past week, month, year. Had cottage cheese with blueberries for breakfast. It's been ages since I've been any sort of healthy. My resolutions kicked in on the Sunday after CES.
34 degrees this morning. Sitting here watching the news drinking coffee. Going to hang out with a friend later today. Business been so busy, need to get out of the house for awhile!

Sent using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Tired. If I stay up until 2:00 am just once, it puts me in a funk. Been up until 2:00 am the past two nights. Looks like a third cup of coffee is on the agenda for this morning.