The Great Depression

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Can somebody link to me a website or tell me information on American Christianity during the Great Depression? I cannot find anything , help!:sick:

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
More info. Are you inquiring about the role the American Christian organizations in dealing with the effects of the depression - food, shelters, etc.,?

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
More info. Are you inquiring about the role the American Christian organizations in dealing with the effects of the depression - food, shelters, etc.,?
Yes, like the assignment is to write a newspaper article about "Church News" during the Great Depression. How did the church help with shelters and food? Thanks a lot.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ah I love Wiki.

I have a friend that is a religion major. I'll ask if he knows any sources that might help.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Damn those guys work fast.
Ah I love Wiki.

I have a friend that is a religion major. I'll ask if he knows any sources that might help.
Thanks a lot Binks.
Here's some information:

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctliveblog/archives/2008/10/jesus_and_the_g.html

I googled using key words such as "role of the Church during the Great Depression". After reading through links such as this, you should be able to find other key words for searching.

Good luck.
Thanks I'll try again.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Are you even allowed to use wiki as a source in school papers these days? I've heard of some schools that disallow it. Or only one internet source per paper BS.

Or maybe I'm thinking of ChaCha guide rules... can't link to wiki articles... [shrug]

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Yes, like the assignment is to write a newspaper article about "Church News" during the Great Depression. How did the church help with shelters and food? Thanks a lot.
I think that searching for the relevant information should be an integral part of the writing assignment. After all, don't newspaper writers usually research their own topics?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you even allowed to use wiki as a source in school papers these days? I've heard of some schools that disallow it. Or only one internet source per paper BS.

Or maybe I'm thinking of ChaCha guide rules... can't link to wiki articles... [shrug]
Any time I've had to do a lab report or something similar using Wiki was not allowed. Rather lame if you ask me.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
so you use the external links and references provided by WIKI.