The Happy Birthday Thread!

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
While searching, I saw many different birthday threads. So, I thought maybe a thread that's all inclusive for birthdays would be nice.
I'll start today!
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1406126220.839892.jpg

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Personally, I like separate birthday threads. It means more that way. Also, we don't have "official" or "ex cathedra" thread titles. :)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Personally, I like separate birthday threads. It means more that way. Also, we don't have "official" or "ex cathedra" thread titles. :)
Separate birthday threads? For each member? That's going to be a lot of birthday threads.

image.jpg

Maybe we could have a separate birthday thread for each month. "The July Birthday Thread," for example.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
While searching, I saw many different birthday threads. So, I thought maybe a thread that's all inclusive for birthdays would be nice.
I'll start today!
View attachment 37428
Thank you so much! You did that only using iPhone apps?! I'm impressed how cleanly you extracted my photo from whatever background was originally behind me!

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Separate birthday threads? For each member? That's going to be a lot of birthday threads.

View attachment 37439

Maybe we could have a separate birthday thread for each month. "The July Birthday Thread," for example.
I'm just stating an opinion. We've done pretty well here up until now with separate threads. Separate birthday threads for about twenty active members, some of whom don't even have their birthday listed?

Besides, it's not even your birthday yet.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Separate birthday threads for each month would be awesome in my opinion. My birthday was on Friday. Happy birthday to me. Just another day though. 24 and moving forward.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
My birthday was on June 13. I didn't get a separate birthday thread that I can remember. I like the idea.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Oops, sorry. Didn't realize I couldn't post my opinion until the day of my birthday. :)
Aren't we all entitled to our opinions? He started his post saying that he was stating his opinion. He never said you couldn't speak yours or that you had to wait until your birthday to do so.

I think separate birthday threads make more sense (if someone cares to start one for you). Obviously, most of us aren't going to get one, even the twenty or so active members. I also think it's odd to have a birthday thread started for someone several days before their actual birthday. I always wait until their actual birthday to say something. This is just my opinion.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I didn't mean to create disputation over birthday threads. It's not that important. Any which way is fine by me. We just need to...
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1406211220.117601.jpg

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Aren't we all entitled to our opinions? He started his post saying that he was stating his opinion. He never said you couldn't speak yours or that you had to wait until your birthday to do so.

I think separate birthday threads make more sense (if someone cares to start one for you). Obviously, most of us aren't going to get one, even the twenty or so active members. I also think it's odd to have a birthday thread started for someone several days before their actual birthday. I always wait until their actual birthday to say something. This is just my opinion.
My bad on the date. My calendar had it the 23rd. I must have screwed up when I set it. I didn't intentionally post it 3 days early. :oops:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
My birthday was July 8 and I forgot to mention it here on the forum. One year I got a birthday thread. It was nice. I've been recovering from my ankle surgery and now going to physical therapy so I've been out of the loop a little.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL!

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
My birthday was July 8 and I forgot to mention it here on the forum. One year I got a birthday thread. It was nice. I've been recovering from my ankle surgery and now going to physical therapy so I've been out of the loop a little.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL!
Happy late late birthday! Hope your recovery is going well. :)

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Thanks! Recovery is going well. Physical therapy is really really helpful. Thank you for wishing me a Happy B-Day.

Sent using iCafe app
You're welcome. I had physical therapy once when I dislocated my shoulder. They told me to wear the arm brace for two weeks. I disobeyed them. :p