The Increase in Size of SmartPhones

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
really theorioles33 ? 4 inch screen to me now is too small i just don't find anything that sized practical for anything other than a phone and in all honesty i know the iPhone 4S and anything else seemed to have shrunk to me once id been using my galaxy note for a while...the galaxy note is unarguably too big for the average user and throws practicality out of the window, however whenever i am out with friends and we want to watch a video or a webpage its always the note everyone prefers to see it on.

which phone model is that leggz2di4 ? do you mean the new HTC One X or maybe the HTC Sensation XE, the One X is the same size roughly as the S3 which i know to some is too big, a friend of mine went into get a new phone latley and said he thought the HTC One X and S3 were too big and wanted something around the size of the Sensation XE which is strange because i had one and gave it to my mother but like the iPhone 4 find it way too small for practical use now.

SAME HERE LOVE MY NOTE!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I really hope the new iPhone is no bigger than 4 inches. If I feel the need for a bigger display, I'll just use my 7 inch tablet which is still fairly portable compared to a 10 inch tablet. In my opinion, mobility and convenience is important when it comes to smartphones. When I'm out and about with a group of friends, we rarely play with our smartphones so showing something on our phones is not a common occurrence. Besides, and I don't like sharing my toys. :p
I'm with you. And the Note is just ridiculous big.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I'm with you. And the Note is just ridiculous big.
I saw a lady using a Note last week, that beast just looked ridiculous in her hand. I was waiting for the blood to rush down her arm and drop the phone. Pretty sure it's only the 2nd or third Note that I have ever seen in the wild.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I also have the Samsung Galaxy Note W/ICS and love it~what I like best about the Android is "swype"! Makes texting SO MUCH EASIER and FASTER!
You must have massive hands to use swype on a note. I attempted to use swype on a note and I was having a difficult time reaching some keys across the display with my thumb. Swype is designed to be used with just your thumb.

Sam Knight

Aug 9, 2012
I've had the Samsung Galaxy i9000 for around 18 months and at the time of purchasing it was the biggest screen in the market. I see these new Notes etc and can't help but feel it must hinder usage?

Aug 7, 2012
the phone looks giant in my wifes hands as well but if you a man with good sized hands its perfect, i cannot text on the iPhone 4s anymore i find it too cumbersome..as a web designer i find anything smaller pointless for browsing the web as well but this is my problem...before ownning the note i used to text and browse fine on normal sized phones and im very fussy about phones ive been through 10 in the last 3 years, the note is the first one ive stuck with and i keep my iPhone 4s as a phone only (zero features) unless there is a very rare app i want thats out for Apple that isn't out for Android... even i laughed at the size when i first saw one...i wish i could reset my brain and forget id ever used a note as the note isn't huge to m, just that every other phone is tiny :)..i must admit though i don't get as many odd looks as i used to in fact if anything it attracts interest

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
So is this new iPhone only going to be Taller and not wider?
Thats not what I wanted. I wanted a little bit of both.

Emberwild

Jul 24, 2010
I think a little bigger in size is fine, but I don't watch movies/videos on my phone so I really don't care much for a bigger phone. What I do want is a thinner and lighter phone. If a bigger screen means compromising this, I'd be against it.

Aug 8, 2012
Personally, I think 3.5"-4" screen is enough for a smartphone and larger screens should be reserved for pads. That's just my opinion as I don't like taking a bag etc. and just shove my phone in pocket.

Disneymom2003

Bronze
Aug 2, 2012
I don't want a bigger phone. I already have an IPad. I want to carry it easy and put it in my pockett