The iPhone 4 iDay Thread

iPerry

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Central Massachusetts
thanks browngem and wow! im sorry for all that bs you had to go through icanhasiPhone! that is such disrespect towards you and everyone else who waited patiently outside radioshack! im sure you would be able to do something about it since you have witnesses to what happened and especially since the manager acted all high and mighty until she got called out on ish...i hope that you get a chance to get a phone before tuesday thats a crazy experience. they shouldve called them d-bag employees back and made them return their phones i heard from the girls at the Apple store i was waiting at that even THEY werent even allowed to preorder but had to camp like the rest of us

well heres the link to my crazy Apple exp...

Nemss316

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Wow, Ican, that sounds like quite a horrible experience. I've honestly never had good feelings about RadioShack, as the few times I've gone there, it wasn't a real pleasant experience.

I had to run up to the store, and there is a Radio Shack by the Target I had to go to. There was a sign on the door that said "We don't have iPhones, please do not call, and do not ask us for our next shipment date."

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
thanks guys. my husband was LIVID when I told him. So Ill try get ahold of corp today to file a HUGE complaint. Quite frankly everything was pretty smooth, but I didn't need all that stress at the end. Ive never likes Radioshack, but seeing as no Apple here and 4 people monopolized the only other 4 being sold in town, it was a last ditch effort. and sure taught me a lesson. If they'd have said 'we only got One iPhone' and sold the others to the employees under the radar, I honestly wouldn't have cared, because I wouldn't have known! but to drag it out and pretty much do everything short of putting a 'Screw the customers' sign on the door is ridiculous. any suggestions on how to go about the complaint?

iPerry

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Central Massachusetts
id say def try to give corporate a call whichever number you can get through i know how upper levels usually try to weave complaints through so many channels that it will discourage many people and make them give up but emails to personal upper level management officials will def do the trick...i would just keep bothering them until something is acknowledged

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
She is lucky he did care if she lost her job. Me I would have said "too bad for you, I want to speak to them NOW'. That was not right at all.

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
yep the guy was a really nice guy and was biting his tongue through a lot. but he was obviously VERY pissed. Gotta love a southern gentleman!

Ill def look up corp emails too and pretty much copy and paste my store with some editing of course. i don't know what they could do, but it better be something!

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
Why is Apple making people activate in store? This is making the process ridiculously long. Did they do this with the 3GS launch? I only did the original launch day where they didn't require it and bought my 3G after launch day.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Radio Shack is and always has been filled w douches. Seriously, who would want to work there? I can't believe they are still in businesss actually, and that Apple would have chosen them for a launch day allotment of iPhone 4's is surprising as well. I bet they don't do it again.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I just want to say how much I admire the perseverance and major cajunas you all have for waiting in these lines and go through what you have gone through. That takes some serious devotion.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Anyone in Tampa at the Int'l mall? Wondered how the line was this afternoon? Was thinking of swinging down late in the day before closing time.

Silent Assassin

Zealot
Gold
Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
thanks guys. my husband was LIVID when I told him. So Ill try get ahold of corp today to file a HUGE complaint. Quite frankly everything was pretty smooth, but I didn't need all that stress at the end. Ive never likes Radioshack, but seeing as no Apple here and 4 people monopolized the only other 4 being sold in town, it was a last ditch effort. and sure taught me a lesson. If they'd have said 'we only got One iPhone' and sold the others to the employees under the radar, I honestly wouldn't have cared, because I wouldn't have known! but to drag it out and pretty much do everything short of putting a 'Screw the customers' sign on the door is ridiculous. any suggestions on how to go about the complaint?
I learned from many years of working in a legal environment... When you make a complaint, CC as MANY PEOPLE as you can...

This way it's not going to just 1 person, and they can sit on their asses.. Make sure you CC 3 or 4 people, in DIFFERENT offices..

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I realize how hard this is going to be to believe, but everything that my AT&T store told me yesterday was true. They told me I would have no line or wait when I came in today, that they had a very limited pre order list as their manager just wasn't allowing it much. Well, I walked in this morning at 10:30 am and there was an employee and a security guard their to greet me, I told them what I wanted, they went and got my phone from the back, activated it, I said thank you and left with a very big smile. They also told me they weren't selling any non pre ordered phones until Tuesday. I rebooted the phone in my car and got a signal, went home and am restoring and syncing as I am typing this. :)

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Yep, I went to ATT at 10am to see if they had any cases and there were no customers there. Just three employees sitting outside to intercept people before they came in. As I was leaving one guy came up and asked if they had any iPhones, and was told that they only had phones for customers who had pre-ordered.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Got to the store at 6:45am an left at about 1:00pm. I think I was gonna pass out from the Florida heat and humidity. It was worth it.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Got to the store at 6:45am an left at about 1:00pm. I think I was gonna pass out from the Florida heat and humidity. It was worth it.

Was there still a line outside? Baynews 9 keeps showing and old feed from the chopper. No rain yesterday and probably none for today is making it an incredibly hot day! At least you got one!

duvalkid

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
904 Jacksonville FL
Got to my store around 6:15am left around 12:20ish pm. Man was it hot outside! Our Apple location provided water bottles/chips/umbrellas for shade :] then free five guys fries!

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Got to my store around 6:15am left around 12:20ish pm. Man was it hot outside! Our Apple location provided water bottles/chips/umbrellas for shade :] then free five guys fries!
That was nice of them to provide all that. I was even able to snag a free bowl of frozen yogurt.