The iPhone 4's biggest problem is not its antenna

trekamg

Jul 11, 2010
if the phone is the problem RETURN IT! not everyone is having this problem......

Consumers Report is pissing me OFF
Who the F*** puts duct tape on their Phone? What a Bunch Of Dumb people

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I actually like that 'grip of death', putting your fingers on those black edge lines, and losing the signal. It comes in handy when you get that call from a bill collector, or mother-in-law. LOL

trekamg

Jul 11, 2010
I'm sorry it just stupid
I'm not a fanboy or anything but I feel that the we are all suckers for buying the iPhone 4 or so they say. I still love my phone even with the the so called problem.

trekamg

Jul 11, 2010
I wasn't saying anything about TS

It's all the negative press like yahoo and consumer report.

To consumer report
How can you give the iPhone 4 high marks compared to the other phones but not recommend it?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'm sorry it just stupid
I'm not a fanboy or anything but I feel that the we are all suckers for buying the iPhone 4 or so they say. I still love my phone even with the the so called problem.
While I feel your frustration, it's not a "so-called" problem. It's a very real one. The fact that some people haven't experienced it yet means that they must be in a very strong signal area most of the time. (or, there is actually a run of phones that are actually unaffected by the problem)
We aren't suckers for buying the phone. We are consumers that bought based on reputation, features and for many, prior model experience. If Apple knew about the reception problems before hand, then they duped us. If they were really oblivious to the problem, then we are all shocked by it.
Either way, it need to be corrected. I too love my iPhone 4, but I need it to be usable as a phone more than anything else. Right now, even with a bumper on it, I can barely say that.

i hate phones

Jul 10, 2010
I personally think Apple are the ones blowing up the problem, by not admitting it. I am not one who has experienced the "death grip" issue but I use a case. I've only tried once for fun to reproduce the issue but i was in a full bar area and I hear its more prominent in poor reception areas. However this whole fiasco is still making me lose respect for Apple. There is obviously a design flaw... I think the option between a free bumper and returning the phone would be suffice. I don't think the problem is big enough to see mass returns, but by Apple not stepping up and taking responsibility for their error its getting everyone all fired up and escalating the problem. I think the uproar is more based on principal rather than how significant the design flaw is.

trekamg

Jul 11, 2010
Im sure Apple will do something

Maybe the engineer that lost his iPhone was responsible on doing the testing on the antenna problem... lol

iusoloman

Bronze
Jul 13, 2010
Apple "has" done some thing. They sell those little tiny rubberbands for $40 dollars which came out in stores the same week the 4g came out. "me thinks Apple knew about the problem"

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Whether or not Apple wants to admit it there are obvious issues with the iPhone 4 they will have to address whether voluntarily or involuntarily very soon. Class action law suits are under way & have been approved to move forward in court already. This is a case they can't win. Maybe there just looking to see what it's gonna take to fix the situation. Steve Jobs needs to swallow his pride, check his ego, or whatever u wanna call it & get this fixed asap. Living in denial until the court makes u do something isn't fixing anything.

iusoloman

Bronze
Jul 13, 2010
Whether or not Apple wants to admit it there are obvious issues with the iPhone 4 they will have to address whether voluntarily or involuntarily very soon. Class action law suits are under way & have been approved to move forward in court already. This is a case they can't win. Maybe there just looking to see what it's gonna take to fix the situation. Steve Jobs needs to swallow his pride, check his ego, or whatever u wanna call it & get this fixed asap. Living in denial until the court makes u do something isn't fixing anything.
Get 'em, boy! Get 'em! Like some else said,.. "this is about principle. If u make a mistake step up to the plate and fix it." Geez Apple!

Wolfcub

Bronze
Jun 24, 2010
if the phone is the problem RETURN IT! not everyone is having this problem......

Consumers Report is pissing me OFF
Who the F*** puts duct tape on their Phone? What a Bunch Of Dumb people
Try reading some posts before you make yourself look like an a$$. Most of us who are having problems have tried to return them with not luck. We get the run around from both AT&T and Apple.Being lied to at both stores and customer service and they both refuse to acknowledge the problem. Put a bumper on it isn't a solution for me. You cant tell me I'm holding it wrong either.

njdevils1986

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Tinton Falls, NJ
Try reading some posts before you make yourself look like an a$$. Most of us who are having problems have tried to return them with not luck. We get the run around from both AT&T and Apple.Being lied to at both stores and customer service and they both refuse to acknowledge the problem. Put a bumper on it isn't a solution for me. You cant tell me I'm holding it wrong either.
You are holding it the wrong way! JK! I bought my iPhone 4 @ Best Buy and returned it yesterday with no problems (return within 30 days) the funny thing is the guy that took the phone says..."nothing wrong with it so type in 'no issue'." Whatever! My 3GS is back in action and much better call wise than the iPhone 4.

Jackc95

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
I'm sorry it just stupid
Well I still have the 3G and it works fine:)

iPhoneuser666

Silver
Jun 13, 2010
I clicked on this guy's name who wrote the article and did a background check on him. He writes locally in the Chicago area and most of his article's are against Apple, posting just about every negative rumor that comes up about Apple. Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing a positive article from him on Apple. Additionally, while he has some technology knowledge, he doesn't exactly seem to be a well known, well credited electronics guru such as many that work for Apple or Microsoft.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Whithin 30 days it's a straight return, Apple themselves has said you can bring back your phone within 30 days for a full refund no restocking fee.