The iPhone 5 Appears to be Water Resistant

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Europa, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Here's a video of a water test where an iPhone 5 is submerged in a swimming pool and functions fine afterwards. Watch at 1:10 in the video.

Another source is this article written about camera tests that were done in Iceland. From the article:

"Late September in Iceland is not a friendly place for any electronics... this is a time that puts your gear to the test whether you like it or not. Just in the last two days of shooting here, I've had my iPhone 5 covered in water from shooting near a waterfall and Jordan has dropped his directly in the mud. Both seem to be working fine."

2. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Bravery: The act of putting shinny new toys through abuse for the betterment of mankind!

:)

3. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

These guys are taking torture testing to a whole new level. It's well coordinated.

4. hoppyjr

hoppyjr New Member

The 5 is impressive!

Sent using Tapatalk

5. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Oooh let me try with mine when it gets here tomorrow!....NOT! I'm not that brave to try this but looked cool

6. bparkerson04

bparkerson04 Member
    Bronze

The iPhone was impressive in this test. The beer bottle drop made me cringe a little. :eek: Thanks for posting this Europa.

7. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

I seen another video that contradicts this. It was submerged for 15 seconds. Then Rice Dried. Then the next day it had pretty bad problems.

8. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

I have a Samsung too, and its like a plastic toy compared to these iPhones, I will say that. (The Video shows)