The iPhone Bug/glitch List Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
I haven't seen anywhere a list of bugs/glitches for the iPhone, so I thought I'd start one after seeing an ipod forum containing a similar thread. So please Feel free to pitch in! Let's all try to relate with eachother and not feel left out in the dark thinking our phones are the only ones with a problem and that it is a lemon.
and btw this isn't meant to spite Apple. Just maybe a heads up for them and for us consumers to be able to relate to one another.
I'll start:

Bug/glitch: sometimes iPod feature shuts off on its own when browsing safari and listening to music from iPhone's ipod feature even after 1.1.1!

Comments: I had my iPhone replaced because of this problem, and guess what? My 2nd one is doing it too. Also, all three mac geniuses i was speaking to at the store not too long ago had the same problem and one of them had replaced his twice because of it, and the problem is still there even after update 1.1.1 This bug/glitch really annoys me the most, as I really enjoy browsing the web on my iPhone while chilling to some great rock and roll.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
When you move deleted mail from the recycle bin back into the inbox, it doesn't show up in the inbox immediately, or at all.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
bug/glitch: on safari, sometimes you are unable to click on anything. As though the touchscreen is dead, but it still enables you to scroll around and exit. One way to fix it until it happens again is to restart the phone.

Comments: annoying. Is it just me experiencing this? Both my iPhones do this.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I haven't seen anywhere a list of bugs/glitches for the iPhone, so I thought I'd start one after seeing an ipod forum containing a similar thread. So please Feel free to pitch in! Let's all try to relate with eachother and not feel left out in the dark thinking our phones are the only ones with a problem and that it is a lemon.

I'll start:

Bug/glitch: sometimes iPod feature shuts off on its own when browsing safari and listening to music from iPhone's ipod feature even after 1.1.1!

Comments: I had my iPhone replaced because of this problem, and guess what? My 2nd one is doing it too. Also, all three mac geniuses i was speaking to at the store not too long ago had the same problem and one of them had replaced his twice because of it, and the problem is still there even after update 1.1.1 This bug/glitch really annoys me the most, as I really enjoy browsing the web on my iPhone while chilling to some great rock and roll.
Actually, there is several of these threads if I remember correctly. Just a friendly reminder.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Bug/glitch: sometimes the screen completely turns white for a couple of seconds. Both my iPhones have done this.

Comments: kinda scary. I feel like my iPhones gonna die. anybody else relate to this?

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Actually, there is several of these threads if I remember correctly. Just a friendly reminder.
right. But if i remember correctly, i believe those threads would pertain to just one particular issue and not a collection of issues. Correct me if i am wrong though and please direct me to a thread on here that has a list of bugs if it does infact exist. I would love to see it and we can delete this one. But until then my friend let the bug/glitches roll.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Bugs/glitches: sometimes the bubble feature used to insert corrections or whatever doesn't show that little thingy, you know? That little bar that looks like this -> |

Comments: annoying and very time consuming when your in a hurry to send an email or such.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
anybody else with the Same or other glitches? Or are your phones just Perfect?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
anybody else with the Same or other glitches? Or are your phones just Perfect?
relax, man, the boards have been a little slow lately.

The most annoying one to me is every so often the iPhone thinks there are headphones plugged in when they aren't (which means no speaker or earpiece volume). The only fix that works consistently is plugging-in/unplugging headphones a few times while playing music on the ipod. Annoying as hell to have to do when you have a phone call you need to make. Judging from collective experience, this is a hardware problem that is fairly commonplace, and cannot be fixed via updates.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007

The most annoying one to me is every so often my the iPhone thinks there are headphones plugged in when there aren't (which means no speaker or earpiece volume). The only fix that works consistently is plugging-in/unplugging headphones a few times while playing music on the ipod. Annoying as hell to have to do when you have a phone call you need to make. Judging from collective experience, this is a hardware problem that is fairly commonplace, and cannot be fixed via updates.
Wow dude, that's bad. Why don't you have Apple work on it for you? All my problems/bugs whatever are present in both the iPhones I've had. So I'm assuming that a lot of people are expriencing what I am as well. But ya man. Get yours looked at.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
right. But if i remember correctly, i believe those threads would pertain to just one particular issue and not a collection of issues. Correct me if i am wrong though and please direct me to a thread on here that has a list of bugs if it does infact exist. I would love to see it and we can delete this one. But until then my friend let the bug/glitches roll.
So in essense, we're going to make a collaborative effort to strip down several months of the diagnosing and fixing dozens of glitches into one less-informative thread? I don't mean this rash but can't we just search for the glitch, and get several well developed threads on the safest way to (if possible) resolve it?

You're arguing that this thread compiles all the glitches into one place. But it doesn't, and probably never will. We already have a compilation of glitches, and it is essentially the forum itself.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
So in essense, we're going to make a collaborative effort to strip down several months of the diagnosing and fixing dozens of glitches into one less-informative thread? I don't mean this rash but can't we just search for the glitch, and get several well developed threads on the safest way to (if possible) resolve it?

You're arguing that this thread compiles all the glitches into one place. But it doesn't, and probably never will. We already have a compilation of glitches, and it is essentially the forum itself.
right, this thread is aiming for a list of issues. Diagnosing is up to you. I just figured it would be nice to have one thread with a complete list of issues as opposed to several threads pertaining one bug at a time. Think of it as a list. Not a jibber jabber thread. Just a list bro. I am not arguing. I am respoding to your posts. So in spirit of this thread, just bug off now if you don't like it. go attack threads requesting all that 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 has to offer and inform them that the "right way" is to name one feature per topic. And continue your quest to be a moderator. Or kiss some moderator ***?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
right, this thread is aiming for a list of issues. Diagnosing is up to you. I just figured it would be nice to have one thread with a complete list of issues as opposed to several threads pertaining one bug at a time. Think of it as a list. Not a jibber jabber thread. Just a list bro. I am not arguing. I am respoding to your posts. So in spirit of this thread, just bug off now if you don't like it. go attack threads requesting all that 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 has to offer and inform them that the "right way" is to name one feature per topic. And continue your quest to be a moderator. Or kiss some moderator ***?
Alright, after reading that I'm done giving you suggestions. You seem extremely confident, so please get back to relisting redundant glitches.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
<------------------------------------------------------->
Alexander - just let the thread take its course. Personally I don't think it will end up a comprehensive and simple list, but that doesn't mean someone's next search won't hit something new here.

ipod - I think you're misinterpreting Alexander's use of the word "arguing." It was meant to mean contend or claim, nor quarrel or bicker. I don't think his post rises to the level of an "attack" so much as a relatively polite ("I don't mean this rash") question.

Either way: Both - let's take a deep breath and move on. Thanks!

-K
<------------------------------------------------------->

AquaMan09

Oct 8, 2007
Me Too

bug/glitch: on safari, sometimes you are unable to click on anything. As though the touchscreen is dead, but it still enables you to scroll around and exit. One way to fix it until it happens again is to restart the phone.

Comments: annoying. Is it just me experiencing this? Both my iPhones do this.
Mine does that all the time, mostly when browsing on edge

AquaMan09

Oct 8, 2007
Same here

The most annoying one to me is every so often the iPhone thinks there are headphones plugged in when they aren't (which means no speaker or earpiece volume). The only fix that works consistently is plugging-in/unplugging headphones a few times while playing music on the ipod. Annoying as hell to have to do when you have a phone call you need to make. Judging from collective experience, this is a hardware problem that is fairly commonplace, and cannot be fixed via updates.
Happened to me too and it nearly scared me half to death cause i thought the speaker blew out

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Bug/glitch: the blue iPod controls that you can pop up seems to have trouble responding to playing or pausing right away. You kinda have to click it a lot or wait a little bit before it responds.

Comment: now thats really annoying too. Especially when your girlfriend has something to say and tells you to pause it. Im like "hold on honey, im trying here, it takes a while before it responds, so please hold your thoughts while i try to control this $400 cellphone." and then she gets either really mad and doesn't wanna talk anymore or makes fun of the so called Jesus phone. Shes so jealous of my phone that she picks on every little bug and teases me that my phone is defective when in fact it seems like we are all experiencing similar issues.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Happened to me too and it nearly scared me half to death cause i thought the speaker blew out
scary. I have yet to experience this. And hope not to. It sounds pretty severe. I hope it really isn't though and that hopefully if 1.1.2 comes it can clean it up. Thanks for sharing.
Happy posting