The iPhone Bug/glitch List Thread

JasonDeezy

Sep 29, 2007
San Francisco
can't switch back to first call...

If I'm on a call and another call comes in I answer it. When I'm done and I try to switch back to the first call but there is only silence. I can't hear anything, like the phone isn't even on. I'll try and put the call on hold and then un-hold(?) it, nothing. I just end up hanging up and calling back whoever I was talking to. I use a Samsung WEP500 Bluetooth headset, so I don't know if this is the problem...

:(

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
have yet to hear of this problem. Good luck with that though. Have you called Apple regarding that issue?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Safari crashing the music really pisses me off.

I also get safari lockups and I just use the home button hold to kill it and then start it back up.

I noticed about the text input that I have to touch and hold in the input field before it will recognize and correct. Also sometimes if the text in the field is barely longer than the field itself, dragging the magnifying glass won't move the caret. In landscape, when the page is still loading and you're trying to type, it's impossible to see what you're typing. Sometimes the shift key sticks on when entering a password that contains a capital letter or symbol. Some punctuation returns the keyboard to qwerty after one keypress, sometimes. Not always. Apostrophes mostly. Autocomplete and password saving would be just awesome. And quick texts, so I can store commonly used emails, which I have the worst experience entering on the keyboard given the aforementioned oddities. If they added one thing and one thing only, quick texts or autocomplete would be a godsend.

One last thing for now that safari just did to me and reminded me that it pisses me off... Sometimes scrolling will bounce back to the point where the previous scroll started and I'll just be sitting there flicking my finger 3 or 4 times to get the scroller to go properly.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
If I'm on a call and another call comes in I answer it. When I'm done and I try to switch back to the first call but there is only silence. I can't hear anything, like the phone isn't even on. I'll try and put the call on hold and then un-hold(?) it, nothing. I just end up hanging up and calling back whoever I was talking to. I use a Samsung WEP500 Bluetooth headset, so I don't know if this is the problem...

That one doesn't happen to me. I don't use a bluetooth headset though.

KTran

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
TX

what bluetooth version does the iPhone have? the Samsung wep500 uses BT 2.0. im guessing if it doesn't match, compatibility and usage will be greatly affected...

some sony ericcson phones use 2.2 and my older nokia which uses 1.x could not even recognize the device.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
what bluetooth version does the iPhone have? the Samsung wep500 uses BT 2.0. im guessing if it doesn't match, compatibility and usage will be greatly affected...
iPhone is BT 2.0 compliant. See if this happens when using the iPhone handset. If not, I think your answer is in the headset. Make sure you're using the iPhone buttons to swap calls, since different headset buttons behave differently (and might even have hung oup on your caller). I'm using the Samsung WEP 410, works perfectly in this scenario.

Cheers,

-K

Reded10

Jul 31, 2010
Get a Blank Screen: First, you must have iOS 4 installed on your iPod Touch or iPhone. Next, you must have at least one folder on the last page of your apps. Then open the folder and hold down one of the apps in the folder as if you were going to change the placement of the apps. That is where the magic happens. When the apps are "dancing" you must then press the lock button on your iPod Touch/iPhone. When you unlock your iDevice, it will have an empty screen on the far right with no apps except for the Dock Apps.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
omg. i started this thread 3 years ago. the memories, i think im going to seriously cry here...

David Chu

Bronze
Jul 11, 2010
Portland, ME
Get a Blank Screen: First, you must have iOS 4 installed on your iPod Touch or iPhone. Next, you must have at least one folder on the last page of your apps. Then open the folder and hold down one of the apps in the folder as if you were going to change the placement of the apps. That is where the magic happens. When the apps are "dancing" you must then press the lock button on your iPod Touch/iPhone. When you unlock your iDevice, it will have an empty screen on the far right with no apps except for the Dock Apps.
This is kind of neat. To fix, all you have to do is make it jiggle and then press the home button. Fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

Attachments