The iPhone could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorised for purchased items

zirkel

Jul 8, 2014
Hi! I've been wanting to put podcasts on my phone but everytime i try to, iTunes says: the iPhone could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorised for purchased items that are on this iPhone. Ive trying authorizing and deauthorizing and authorizing again. it doesn't work. i also tried deleting the hidden folder sc info already. still wont work. what can i do?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I just thought of asking this, although it may not be to anybody's advantage. Are you trying to sync over wifi or plugged into your computer?

zirkel

Jul 8, 2014
my phone's plugged into my computer

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
my phone's plugged into my computer
Hello, and welcome to iCafe. I've never seen that issue before, and have no clue how to solve it. Maybe someone will offer a solution. You posted this in iPhone 4 and it may have fallen through the cracks. :oops:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hi! I've been wanting to put podcasts on my phone but everytime i try to, iTunes says: the iPhone could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorised for purchased items that are on this iPhone. Ive trying authorizing and deauthorizing and authorizing again. it doesn't work. i also tried deleting the hidden folder sc info already. still wont work. what can i do?
If you recently changed the region for your account, change it back to what it originally was when you made the purchases and then delete the SC hidden folder.

If you haven't ever changed the region, try this:

1. Deauthorize your Apple ID.
2. Log out of your Apple ID account on tour computer and your phone.
3. Reboot your computer and your iPhone.
4. Login to your Apple ID account on your phone and your computer and authorize the computer.

Jun 30, 2015
Instead of getting into reset and other stuff simply authorize iTunes using all the apple accounts you may have ever used for downloading any song or app from the store.