The iPhone is more fiction than reality

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Interestingly enough, this thread contains at least one of the "it's coming!" statements that were so popular here last summer:

It's 2008. It's safe to say that the "we will get this soon" was nonsense, presented as fact.

--
Mike

you could have rubbed my magic ball(s) and known that...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hopefully 2 weeks from today is not long away, Then its SHOWTIME at MacWorld and hopefully all our answers will have more questions...:)

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
4) Was oric a hater? You bet. :p

- John
I don't think Oric, or anyone else that shares their dislikes about the iPhone is a hater. What I do think is that many of you don't take the time to really hear what another person is trying to say because you're too busy trying to determine if the person is a troll and not someone that may have something of value to add.

Whats really sad is that for every dislike regarding the iPhone post, there are too many of you that will jump on that person/poster and condemn them to hell for not LOVING the iPhone with every fiber of their being!

Do I like the iPhone? Yes. Am I disappointed in many of it's shortcomings? Yes. Does being honest to myself about what the iPhone cant do compared to my other $600 phones make me a troll? a hater? NO!

I'm sorry, but until I got the iPhone, I actually believed that cut & paste was the norm. I've never had a phone that didn't have this capability.

Will I buy iPhone 2? Probably- but I wont be an early adopter of it. See, thats the good thing about determining where I want to spend my money. Like all of you, we have the choice to buy or not.

WE can all say research before buying. But IMO, no matter how much research one does, it is no where near the same as actually owning and playing with it yourself. If I based my purchases on research opinion alone, there are a lot of products I would've never bought.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
:laugh2: :p :laugh2: :p :laugh2: :p

Seriously, I don't need the Presidency.... just a hot cup of coffee right now will make me happy!
I could go for some coffee too, there's a ton of snow on the ground and the heats broken! Seriously though, I am cold.

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Great weather here for New Years Day. Perfect day for watching bowl games. :D
Ah, but that depends on your definition of perfect. I happen to despise warm weather, and love snow and cold!

(Hey, I was born on Christmas Eve and then put in a giant stocking. I'm a Christmasy, snowy kind of guy.)

Speaking of bowl games - that game with WVU vs. Oklahoma should be interesting. WVU doesn't have have a coach and Oklahoma is missing a handful of starters.

- John

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Ah, but that depends on your definition of perfect. I happen to despise warm weather, and love snow and cold!

(Hey, I was born on Christmas Eve and then put in a giant stocking. I'm a Christmasy, snowy kind of guy.)

Speaking of bowl games - that game with WVU vs. Oklahoma should be interesting. WVU doesn't have have a coach and Oklahoma is missing a handful of starters.

- John
Which means your birthday & Christmas presents are the same.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It does not. I hated the fact that they were up until I was 5. Then I demanded that I get the same amount of presents on both my birthday and Christmas.

Not any more though. All I really got this year were 5 billion iTunes cards, a few nice bottles of wine, and a coffee maker.

- John

monkeysrock0622

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
It does not. I hated the fact that they were up until I was 5. Then I demanded that I get the same amount of presents on both my birthday and Christmas.

Not any more though. All I really got this year were 5 billion iTunes cards, a few nice bottles of wine, and a coffee maker.

- John
yah you/re right, my cousin's birthday is 3 or 4 days before xmas and she gets double the presents. i even know about 3 or 4 people whos birthdays are ON xmas and they still get double. maybe back in the early 1900's, people only get the same presents, but in today's society, people have the money (well, credit card companies do lol) to buy double