The iPhone Is Perfect.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Thinner, faster, larger screen, improvements to iOS usability. Just a few things that come to mind.

Didn't the OP post about battery life? Let's throw that in the till also.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
The iPhone IS perfect, at least in my eyes, if Apple would open this thing up for us so we didn't have to jailbrake, it would make it extraordinarily perfect!

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
If You Think About It...And Take Care Of It...The iPhone Is PERFECT.
Share Stories.
I agree with others, that no phone is perfect...but can certainly be perfect for you! I think it's awesome, but I was just thinking of something...it's amazing to me that they still stick with the home button, when the Galaxy Nexus does away with hardware buttons for navigation, in ICS. Weird. Seemed to me, Apple'd be first to the game on that one.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
While nothing in this world is perfect, except for Napolean (just ask him lol) I think that everyone finds perfection in their own way. I find my iPhone perfect for me.
Side note I love the home button and glad it hasn't gone away. It is signature of Apple and I hope it stays.

;)

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
While nothing in this world is perfect, except for Napolean (just ask him lol) I think that everyone finds perfection in their own way. I find my iPhone perfect for me.
Side note I love the home button and glad it hasn't gone away. It is signature of Apple and I hope it stays.

;)
If Steve Jobs' legacy holds true, he was working on eliminating buttons altogether...it's a design aesthetic he's held for a long time. I see it going away eventually, for a touch panel of some sort...like a mini track pad...seen some design workups online.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
If Steve Jobs' legacy holds true, he was working on eliminating buttons altogether...it's a design aesthetic he's held for a long time. I see it going away eventually, for a touch panel of some sort...like a mini track pad...seen some design workups online.
We have also seen a flexible bendable iPhone work up online.

Jobs isn't alive anymore and certainly doesn't make the decisions anymore. I would bet the six pack in my fridge that it will be there on the next iPhone.

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
One thing I hate about the iPhone is the home button's tendency to fail long before the phone is even deemed "old".

The one on my phone is starting to bug me, will have to sort it out soon.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Jobs isn't alive anymore and certainly doesn't make the decisions anymore. I would bet the six pack in my fridge that it will be there on the next iPhone.
Well of course he's not making decisions--but he's also left several generations of products in the pipeline for Cook and crew. We shall see where it goes from here. It's all speculation by us all.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto

Let's not forget the invisible iPhone work up online.

;)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Let's be realistic here; no phone is perfect. The iPhone is a fantastic piece of hardware (and I love mine), but it can always be improved upon. If not, then why introduce a new model each year?
I agree. The iPhone is nice, but it is not perfect. There are several features that I want that are only available to jailbreakers and a few things that need to be fixed. However, it suits my needs better than any phone on the market so it's what I choose to use.

For starters, Siri is a beta and could be improved upon, we are very limited with customization, there isn't a full screen for Safari option, there are some bugs in Safari, download capabilities need to be added into Safari so we don't have to use a 3rd party app to download files and save them to the device, Bluetooth headset performance could be improved and the ability to send texts from within other apps would be nice.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I agree. The iPhone is nice, but it is not perfect. There are several features that I want that are only available to jailbreakers and a few things that need to be fixed. However, it suits my needs better than any phone on the market so it's what I choose to use.

For starters, Siri is a beta and could be improved upon, we are very limited with customization, there isn't a full screen for Safari option, there are some bugs in Safari, download capabilities need to be added into Safari so we don't have to use a 3rd party app to download files and save them to the device, Bluetooth headset performance could be improved and the ability to send texts from within other apps would be nice.

I agree. I would love to be able to send/reply to a message within an app. I wish Apple would look at Cydia with an open mind. iOS has come on in leaps and bounds and can only get better. A full screen option in Mobile Safari would be a nice option, along with the ability to change the default User-Agents. Basic file system access would be nice too, are we going to get it? Doubt it.

I keep saying to myself... One day.

furndaddy

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 16, 2010
Indiana

Although I agree that the home button will still be there on the next iPhone, I might be willing to take that bet... depending on the brand of the six pack.

Oct 3, 2009

;)
I like the physical button. I can tell when I press it and don't have to look at it. The slight indent lets my thumb find it. I hope they keep it.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
One thing I hate about the iPhone is the home button's tendency to fail long before the phone is even deemed "old".

The one on my phone is starting to bug me, will have to sort it out soon.
One of the bigger reasons to jailbreak is giving the poor home button a rest. Using activator, you can assign so many things to different buttons that usually have to be done with the home button, thus wearing it out (possibly). SBsettings remove background apps... No double click just a swipe and press one tab... All closed.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
One of the bigger reasons to jailbreak is giving the poor home button a rest. Using activator, you can assign so many things to different buttons that usually have to be done with the home button, thus wearing it out (possibly). SBsettings remove background apps... No double click just a swipe and press one tab... All closed.
You like the home but take it that you recognize it as a mechanical liability?

I think the earlier reference to eliminating it was by moving to a capacitive soft button.

The function, one button does it all is iconic, like the one button Apple mouse, that would have stood untouched so long as Steve was atty the helm.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk