The iPhone Keyboard

odst013

Dec 10, 2007
I purchased my iPhone a little shy of 3 weeks ago, and i have noticed typing on it can be the biggest pain. now i hear that there is going to be a 3G thing going on next summer. with it will Apple make the keyboard able to switch to landscape? :D

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Well, first of all nobody knows when 3G is coming out.

Second, 3G and the size of the keyboard have nothing to do with each other.

Third, typing on it gets easier as you go. Type a lot.

- John

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston

- John
when i went to the Apple store and played with an iPhone before i got one, i was like "how in the HELL am i going to get used to this?!?"

then when i got one, typing became second nature.

i am a pro :cool:

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Well, first of all nobody knows when 3G is coming out.

Second, 3G and the size of the keyboard have nothing to do with each other.

- John
This really is the best suggestion. I'm not a pro like TKO, but I handle my businesss pretty well with the keyboard. I'm prone to less mistakes now.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
i've had the phone since day 1 and i still make a ton of errors! its so frustrating! I would suggest that if you get a screen protector, do not get the anti glare one...it definitely affects your typing!

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
i thought id never get the keyboard now but im typing just as fast as i was with my blackberry and treos that ive owned

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have to agree with most everyone else. The iPhone keyboard gets much easier to use each time you use it. I really wasn't too afraid when I first got it but a lot of my friends think that it would be impossible to type on the keyboard but I can out-type them on any day of the week.

addy005

Bronze
Dec 10, 2007
That would be awesome! I was thinking about the keyboard being landscape. I hope that I don't regret not waiting when my iPhone comes in.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Not for me. And I got my iPhone on iDay. Granted, this is my second iPhone, but I replaced it a month after iDay. I've had this one for several months. The first one was pretty decent, but the new on sucks sucks sucks. Read my disclaimer in my sig. It always misspells and chooses the wrong words. There are times that I cannot even FORCE it to choose the right letter. I drag my finger from (as an example) the O across the I and to the U and it will NOT NOT NOT highlight the I. This of course only happens occasionally, but I can't type anything of any length on this thing. Besides, with every application crashing, I don't even have TIME to write anything long before it disappears.

I liked the keyboard on my first iPhone. Hate it on my new one.