The iPhone OS lock

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
I jailbroke my iPhone yesterday. Loved the new functions that I unlocked. But had to restore it today. The reason.. I downloaded too many apps with overlapping features causing unexpected results.

Till today I was cursing Apple for locking the OS down and keeping the app store approval process so complex, but now I get why they did that. They could be a little easy on the app approval, but over all, the iPhone OS is just not the perfect mobile OS. Its a very powerful device, iPhone is. And the OS is just not secure and stable enough for allowing unrestricted use.

When you are jailbroken, you need to really understand how things are working. You just shouldnt go around doing things, unless you know exactly what you are doing.

What do you guys think?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
That's the case with any operating system. You can easily screw it up if you have root privileges and don't know what you're doing. I don't know of any mobile OS that's more secure or stable, do you?

IMO, Apple restricts so many things to keep it secure, stable, and to maximize power. But if you know what you're doing, you can have the best of both worlds with no drawbacks aside from possible lag and increased battery consumption.