The iPhone selection disappeared as AirPlay choice for audio playback

Sep 5, 2011
I dot know what the button is called officially, but I refer to it as the flip button because its the one I tap to flip the output to my tv via AppleTV or to my BT headphones, or speaker, or to the iPhone itself. Ok, you get it.

Update: Apple tech just told me its the AIRPLAY button.

The iPhone selection is gone And it's leaving me with only AppleTV (which works perfectly when selected) or "Dock Connector". The latter should absolutely NOT be there since the phone is not plugged into anything.

Any help out there?

Christopher Meinck

Administrator
Administrator
Sep 13, 2008
I dot know what the button is called officially, but I refer to it as the flip button because its the one I tap to flip the output to my tv via AppleTV or to my BT headphones, or speaker, or to the iPhone itself. Ok, you get it.

Update: Apple tech just told me its the AIRPLAY button.

The iPhone selection is gone And it's leaving me with only AppleTV (which works perfectly when selected) or "Dock Connector". The latter should absolutely NOT be there since the phone is not plugged into anything.

Any help out there?
Hmmm, that's bizarre. You should most certainly have an iPhone option when using AirPlay.

Last edited by a moderator:

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
It's probably a dock connector going bad. Try plugging it and then unplugging it from an actual dock.