The iPhone was wet now it keeps restarting

ogopogo

Oct 7, 2008
I dropped my iPhone in the toilet and my sleep button isn't functioning now .. when i press it a "slide to turn off" message is popping after 30 min . Also the iPhone keeps restarting over and over when let sleep for 1-2 min( only Apple logo). The only way i can turn it by pluging it in the dock. I tried to dry it with hairdryer , silica gel and rise for 2-3 days but still nothing . What could be the problem ? help me please

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
What could be the problem ?
I'm guessing it was that drop into the toilet :sick:

Seriously, though, you either haven't fully dried it out and there's a short in there, or else a circuit was permanently corroded and you're screwed. I guess there could be some doo doo in there, too.

Only thing you can do is put it in a bag of rice or silica gel under gentle heat (lamp) for a couple more days and pray...

ogopogo

Oct 7, 2008
does battery need to be charged and can i put em in both silika and rise ?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Don't do anything except put the phone in a bag of rice or silica gel for 4-5 more days. Make sure the phone is completely turned off. If after this time it doesn't work, you are probably out of luck.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
LMAO

Don't forget to spray it with febreeze afterwards. Don't want that doo doo smell lingering about.

I'm guessing it was that drop into the toilet :sick:

Seriously, though, you either haven't fully dried it out and there's a short in there, or else a circuit was permanently corroded and you're screwed. I guess there could be some doo doo in there, too.

Only thing you can do is put it in a bag of rice or silica gel under gentle heat (lamp) for a couple more days and pray...

iPhone™

Bronze
Oct 4, 2008
Australia
Not to be rude or anything but..

I can't stop laughing at the fact that you dropped it in the toilet!

But yeah, Sorry :p

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
We might need an app that beeps an alarm anytime the iPhone comes near anything made of porcelain, :sick:.
Heres a site that guarantees a fix from any water damage, for 60 bucks, they seem to specialize in washers and johns.
http://www.fastcpr.com/

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Dude, would you really send your phone to this company? They look more dodgy than Lehman Brothers.

Quick way of getting loads of cell phones/cash and then vanishing I guess.

We might need an app that beeps an alarm anytime the iPhone comes near anything made of porcelain, :sick:.
Heres a site that guarantees a fix from any water damage, for 60 bucks, they seem to specialize in washers and johns.
http://www.fastcpr.com/

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Dude, would you really send your phone to this company? They look more dodgy than Lehman Brothers.

Quick way of getting loads of cell phones/cash and then vanishing I guess.
Loads of non-working cellphones...

Oct 10, 2008
I can also recommend to let it dry and if it's not working again get it to an expert who can open it and check what damage the phone really suffered.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Toilet drop, that sucks .. Been there done that with other phones, although only did it once to a loaded toilet, ... Flushed and left the phone there, wasn't worth it .. I think it was an old Nokia at the time. You may have already done some permanent damage by turning the phone on prior to it being fully dry inside. I would keep it in a bag of rice as instructed above and hope for the best. Either way, let us know what the outcome is.