The IvySkin 3G Quattro Cases

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
So, my eternal search for a rugged dustproof, waterproof, wind-resistant, bombproof iPhone case for an iPhone I don't yet have continues on.

I thought maybe otterbox was gonna do me right but let's face it that thing is u-gih-lee!

I work construction and outdoors monday through friday so I'm still on the hunt for a case that will fully protect my iPhone when it finds it's new home...

Well...

This one looks promising...

http://www.ivyskin.com/iphone-3g-quattro-t2-glass-touch-through-case.html

This is only one of the many different versions offered by ivyskin, browse around their site for more options. This is just the one that mostly appealed to me.

"Quick Overview

Unprecedented 4 layers of protection with full Glass Touch-through Screen for the iPhone 3G. Quattro T2 will begin shipping on Nov 17th, 2008

Product Description

The Quattro T2 case is truly unique. It boasts an unprecedented 4 layers of protection for the iPhone 3G. The innermost layer, is a polysilicon skin that encases the phone, similar to the T1.

It also includes the integrated port protectors to protect against dust, moisture, etc. The second layer is the unique Xylo Glass® screen protector that fits over the screen and allows for touch through use of the screen. The outermost layer is a hard polycarbonate shell that snaps into place over the silicon skin.

It features a built-in, high shine, polished aluminum faceplate for added protection and style without excess bulk."

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
So, is it completely waterproof, dustproof, etc. etc. etc.?

Well, not quite but a little more protective than most cases without looking like a piece of scuba diving gear.

Anyhow, I'm keeping this one bookmarked, looks promising, if anyone has one or gets one and can give us a little feedback or review that would be great!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Indy,

I went to their site to check it out, but I do not know that much about that company. I also looked on ilounge to see if they had a review, but it is a newer case so I did not see one. I agree that you need a tough case for your work environment. You could get something like the otterbox for work and use something less large like the incase slider (or whichever you like) on the weekends.

Good to see you around here again!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Indy,

I went to their site to check it out, but I do not know that much about that company. I also looked on ilounge to see if they had a review, but it is a newer case so I did not see one. I agree that you need a tough case for your work environment. You could get something like the otterbox for work and use something less large like the incase slider (or whichever you like) on the weekends.

Good to see you around here again!
Haha, I did the EXACT same thing! I immediately went to ilounge and like you, found nothing yet.

Good Idea about swappin' cases back and forth but I may just get a nice, not so rugged case and just keep it in an ugly zippered type pouch on my hip, that way no dust or anything can get in there.

Nice to see you again as well! How's the Golf goin' down there?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
The Quattro T2 looks very similar to the iSkin Fuze. The main difference is that the Fuze doesn't have something covering the screen.

I've heard of Ivyskin because of their XyloT3 case which is very similar to the Case-Mate Naked Case. You should look up reviews of those cases because I have not heard of great things about covering the screen with something HARD.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
The Quattro T2 looks very similar to the iSkin Fuze.
That looks really nice! Minus the screen cover which I think is a little gimmicky anyways but probably works just fine.

I really like the integrated docking port cover, sweet design!

Thanks for the link!

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
The Quattro T2 looks very similar to the iSkin Fuze. The main difference is that the Fuze doesn't have something covering the screen.

I've heard of Ivyskin because of their XyloT3 case which is very similar to the Case-Mate Naked Case. You should look up reviews of those cases because I have not heard of great things about covering the screen with something HARD.
I have the iskin fuze, it does indeed have an integrated screen protector. So it is very similar, in looks, and protection. Ivyskin is famous for copying other cases and claiming they are the first. Even Ivyskin's logo is simialr to Iskin, lol.

motodell

Nov 9, 2008
ivyskin Quattro iPhone case

ivyskin Quattro case is noting like the fuse, Quattro has a GLASS screen not plastic. Plastic was their older version. The new ones, which are by the way three models, are out of this world.

I had the Fuse for my old iPhone and wanted to get the new Fuse2 but after I saw this review: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=595134

I decided not to. I've already orderd the Quattro case and will post pictures and reviews on it as soon as I recive it from ivyskin. Plus these guys are Right here at Home rather than Canadian iskin.

I have the iskin fuze, it does indeed have an integrated screen protector. So it is very similar, in looks, and protection. Ivyskin is famous for copying other cases and claiming they are the first. Even Ivyskin's logo is simialr to Iskin, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
ivyskin Quattro case is nothing like the fuse, Quattro has a GLASS screen not plastic. Plastic was their older version.
Are you totally sure it is real glass? The fact that they called it "Xylo Glass," which means absolutely nothing to me, made me think it's not actual glass.

And if it is actual glass, let us know how much more heavy it makes the iPhone, if it does. That's my only concern.

In the thread you posted some people had poorly manufactured cases and other people had no problems.

Here's one YouTube video someone from the thread posted:

Let us know how the Ivyskin case is when you get it.