The Lightning Dock

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I know docks for the 5 are just starting to hit the market (do an eBay search for "iPhone 5" dock and you'll see a few). I saw "The Lightning Dock" last week and pre-ordered one. Looks solid and price is decent. Anyone else order one yet?

www.thelightningdock.com

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I haven't ordered anything yet because of the whole encrypted chip in the cable deal I've been hearing about. I did order some Apple adapters for now though. Let us know how it works.

EDIT: It uses an actual Apple cable. $24.95 didn't sound bad but that doesn't include a cable. If you opt for the aluminum, cable, and back rest your up to $60 so I don't think that its a great deal anymore.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I haven't ordered anything yet because of the whole encrypted chip in the cable deal I've been hearing about. I did order some Apple adapters for now though. Let us know how it works.

EDIT: It uses an actual Apple cable. $24.95 didn't sound bad but that doesn't include a cable. If you opt for the aluminum, cable, and back rest your up to $60 so I don't think that its a great deal anymore.
Mine was $40. Black aluminum, without adapter, and back support. If its well made (which it appears to be) I think it's well worth it. I like that it uses Apple's own cable. Don't have to worry about compatibility.

n_stavr

Oct 14, 2012
All the etsy ones look like they are for the old connector (older iPhones in pictures). Any found for the 5?
All the etsy ones look like they are for the old connector (older iPhones in pictures). Any found for the 5?
Yes you are right, in description says that is for 4 and previous.
But there is stands for 5 where you can pass the cable throug the hole:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/111841167/iphone-5-stand-rustic-turquoise?ref=cat_gallery_2

I like this kind as its unique and something different.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
Does anyone have the company information? Like email or phone number. I ordered and paid (PP) on October 9,2012 and I still haven't received the dock.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Does anyone have the company information? Like email or phone number. I ordered and paid (PP) on October 9,2012 and I still haven't received the dock.
I got an email from them on Novemeber 4th saying there were further delays and I could cancel my order by replying to the email, which I did. They cancelled the order and refunded the money into my PayPal account a few hours later.

Send an email to both of these and include your name and order number:
refund@thelightningdock.com
sales@thelightningdock.com

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Bought this on eBay from a us seller for less than 20 dollars, I love it and it provides better back support than the one on this thread and its way cheaper
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1356694420.090731.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I have one too! I got the black - I will upload a pic when I get home. BTW, if you buy one - DO NOT get the backing - I did and regret it. The connector is more than sturdy enough to hold the phone without a back.