Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Mentalist[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2008-09-23[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Bruno Heller[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Simon Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Josie Loren[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robin Tunney[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tim Kang[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]The Mentalist is an American police procedural television series that debuted on September 23, 2008, on CBS. The show was created by Bruno Heller, who is also its executive producer. The show follows former "psychic" Patrick Jane, who is a consultant to the California Bureau of Investigation, using the highly developed observational skills he previously employed to "read" people's minds. On March 27, 2013, CBS renewed the series for a sixth season.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I recently started watching The Mentalist. I started at season 1, episode 1, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I enjoy the premise of the show. I like (and envy) Patrick Jane's abilitity to look around the house of a suspect (or person of interest) and pick up on so many small details. He's very observant, he reads people's body language with a great level of accuracy. He's good at what he does. At the same time, he's almost always cοcky, arrogant, and he seems a bit full of himself, and I find these personality traits quite annoying and difficult to digest—even in a fictional character on a TV show! I also don't care for his attempts at humor. I've only watched a few espidoes so far, and yes, his assessment of what's really going on in most situations he's presented with is almost flawless—kudos to him! However, he could be a little bit more modest about it. It took him several episodes to do so, but he finally started to grow on me.