The mic is driving me crazy

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Does anyone else notice that the mic on the (stock) headphones always gets 'stuck' on your collar? When I'm driving and I turn my head to change lanes, the mic hooks on my collar and pulls the earbud out of my ear! I guess if it was more 'bullet' shaped it would slide over clothes better. Ok end of rant....

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Get some clear epoxy at your hardware store and make it "bullet-shaped" yourself. Do one side of a time, hanging upside down to get the "tear" shape.

either that or a careful duct-tape application. but you could probably get a smoother finish with the former.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
same thing happens with my Vmodas.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Get some clear epoxy at your hardware store and make it "bullet-shaped" yourself. Do one side of a time, hanging upside down to get the "tear" shape.

either that or a careful duct-tape application. but you could probably get a smoother finish with the former.
Oh my god! That sounds like a lot of work! I'd much rather just rant about it. Seriously, I'[m probably going to sand/file the edges down a bit. As long as I don't damage the cord, I doubt this could make it any worse. acosmichippo - Thanks for that input at least I know thats not the solution.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Oh my god! That sounds like a lot of work! I'd much rather just rant about it.
lol! I hear you, but in all seriousness, the stuff I'm talking about is really easy to work with. Use a toothpick and put it on, smoothing it to a taper... hang it to dry glass hard + clear in five minutes. Repeat for the other side.

I dunno, I been using clear epoxy on everything lately. Look for the double tube (squeeze out a little of both and mix with the toothpick). I love this stuff. I'm about to try it on my cheerios.