The Muppets sing F-U by Cee Lo Green?

Oct 3, 2009
I just saw a promo on the TV. The muppets were doing the F-U song.

I just don't think that's appropriate for a kids movie....humming it or not. What were they thinking?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
They weren't singing it. It was just the song playing during the promo. Happens a lot now of days songs on trailers aren't actually in the movie.
I saw the same promo yesterday.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
The Muppets have also never been a complete straight kids thing, there's always been some adult humor.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Oct 3, 2009
They weren't singing it. It was just the song playing during the promo. Happens a lot now of days songs on trailers aren't actually in the movie.
I saw the same promo yesterday.
No, the chickens are singing it on the stage. It wasn't just playing in the background.

Oct 3, 2009
It was Forget you most likely. It's the clean version. Thy play it on the radios all the time.
Makes no difference. The kids go searching for the Cee Lo Green song and they will get the not clean version. Someone that sings a song like that should not be used for a kids movie.

Let's get Winnie the Poo singing something from NWA...maybe F the police would be appropriate.

Oct 3, 2009
How will they know it's Cee Lo Green?
All they have to do is search for what song Camilla sings in the movie. Cee Lo Green YouTube video is the first selection. Or check out the Muppet wikia. Soundtrack information is right there.

So should all songs with bad words be banned from movies?
Well now that's kind of a stretch isn't it? Something to get some kind of argument started? We're not talking about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. We are talking about the Muppets.

Strange....you guys are more protective of Apple than you are of children.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
All they have to do is search for what song Camilla sings in the movie. Cee Lo Green YouTube video is the first selection. Or check out the Muppet wikia. Soundtrack information is right there.

Well now that's kind of a stretch isn't it? Something to get some kind of argument started? We're not talking about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. We are talking about the Muppets.

Strange....you guys are more protective of Apple than you are of children.
Well if they are so little they shouldn't be online.

A stretch? No. We have all of these Dora and Barbie makeovers that aren't very good. Parental control. People aren't going to stop putting CLEAN versions in movies because a kid MIGHT find the bad version.

This is an Apple forum, not a parenting or kids forum. ;)

Oct 3, 2009

A stretch? No. We have all of these Dora and Barbie makeovers that aren't very good. Parental control. People aren't going to stop putting CLEAN versions in movies because a kid MIGHT find the bad version.

ok then

Oct 3, 2009
The fact that there is a clean version and a not clean version, in my book, makes it not kid appropriate.

Oct 3, 2009

Wait...aren't you are a kid yourself.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Yeah, and he's not shocked, you are. That says a lot.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I feel awful, I know I'm gonna change my mind soon.
An adult arguing with a kid about kids.
It amazes me today peoples complaints about the use of langauge or provocative dressing or what not. These same people are the ones that let their kids watch tv that ever word with the exception of the f word can be heard on. "oh I don't let them watch those kind of shows". Sure you don't. If you don't then what do you care what is being shown? If you monitor your kids so well then you shouldn't be worried about them hearing f you. Shouldn't be an issue. However comma some people want to complain about something all of the time. So they make an issue about nothing without a single valid point or leg to stand on.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I'm also pretty sure your child has heard that word before. It didn't matter what movies had. I heard those words all the time out of my parents' mouths. In both English and Italian. ;)