The new eiC 2012 forum template

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Last night saw the introduction of a new template here at eiC. It's part of the continuing effort to refine the experience for you, our members and guests. For some, forums are an afterthought. Sites install them, make a few bad design choices and then load them up with content (ads) which takes the focus off the very heart of a forum, which is the content. Not here. I've got some crazy idea that people crave a better forum experience. That's my focus. To that end, we continue offer a completely ad-free experience for members. It's free to join and makes for a remarkably unobtrusive experience while browsing and posting. No Ads. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Today we're talking about the new template. Everything has been customized, tweaked and revised. Every color. Every drop shadow. Every font choice. It took days upon days and it's still not 100% complete. I'll continue to work on making it as perfect as humanly possible. If you should notice any oddities, please let me know and I'll work to correct them.

This also means the sunsetting of some of the older templates. Managing multiple templates is time consuming and during this process, I noticed a number of areas where I had some lingering issues. This is a problem caused by juggling too many designs. Having one means less juggling and more work on making this one just right.

Our awesome mobile template is not going anywhere either. That's still the best way to view the site, with a complete desktop experience, on your iPhone.

Finally, the long awaited update to the app is scheduled to start this week. No ETA on the release, but I hope that we'll see a November release. It will of course offer support for the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5th generation.

This all means you have the best choices to access the site. Full desktop on your Mac, PC or iPad. A complete desktop experience, optimized for the iPhone, or our completely free app.

Enjoy the new look!

Chris

p.s. - Forum OnePass members can expect these changes to roll out on Everything Android and EverythingWM in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Certainly understandable Chris. Maintaining multiple templates is a pain.

Once question though, with all the colors available for the banner is that one the absolute best and highest choice? Ugh :(

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Certainly understandable Chris. Maintaining multiple templates is a pain.

Once question though, with all the colors available for the banner is that one the absolute best and highest choice? Ugh :(
Made some changes. Better?