The new eic.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
What are the orange squares on each thread on the lite/iPhone version? Is it rss or whatever it's called. If that's what it is how does it work? Love the new way to reply or start a new thread with all the options ( bold size font all that good stuff). Only if you can load pics from the iPhone onto eic that would be sweet.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Those icons are for subscribing via RSS to those individual sections of the forum. How it works is you click the icon, it loads that feed's page, copy the URL from the address bar for that page, then in your RSS reader app (Google Reader for example) choose 'Add New Subscription' or similar wording, and paste in that address.

That's it - you're then subscribed to that section of the forums ...

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
^^^^^ hahaha no thanks. I'll stick to what I have always done just go through the threads and look for new topics. Thanks for the fast replys y'all.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I just now saw the Eic rss feeds thread sorry for the duplicate thread. I should prob look before I post sorry y'all.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
RSS is one of the greatest time-savers around if you spend a lot of time on the web and regularly visit a wide range of sites.

Let's say there are 100 sites you like a lot, or that provide info that's of interest to you regularly. How easy (or even do-able) is it to visit all 100 every day? The (much better) alternative is to use an RSS reader, which shows you all new content from all 100 of those sites in an easily digestible and manageable way.

You can choose to view just post titles, or summaries for each article etc. It's easy to click a link and shoot over to the originating site when you want to see an article in full (if it isn't already - some sites do full posts in their feed).

I reckon RSS is one of the best ways to cope with information overload ...

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Free RSS Reader in the App Store is a decent app for compiling your RSS feeds. It lets you know when there is new material to view after a quick refresh. RSS has been around for a little bit but I am just now discovering it. Quite handy.