The New iPad Name makes sense now!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by in2tech, Oct 23, 2012.

1. in2tech

in2tech Member
    Bronze

I think the reason the 3rd generation iPad was called The New IPad is because they knew the smaller one was coming and they would eventually have too many numbers for iPads and confuse people. So the original and the iPad mini will be called an iPad. Just like the MacBook Air and such have one name but come in different screen sizes. When you go into purchase one you will simply choose the size you want, which is 9.7" and 7.8" hopefully after today's announcement. And maybe pickup a 17" in the future :).

Staying up all night until the event. Using the iPad Retina while I wait and checking the forums, news sites, and using the Trainz Simulator app building railroads while I wait and running trains. What a fantastic app for .99 cents and especially this time of year.

Hope it works on the smaller iPad. Will iPhone apps scale up and iPad apps scale down?

Your thoughts on the naming convention. Of course I could be proven wrong in a few hours time.

2. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

I don't agree with your theory. To be honest thy need to have a way to differentiate between the older models and the newer lightning cable models. So how are they supposed to market it? The NEW new iPad?

3. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

None of this will matter come December when the world ends.

4. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

The world can't end in December. It already ended back on New Year's Eve 1999/2000 lol

5. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

It would make more sense if they dropped the iPad 2.

Now there's iPad mini, iPad 2, and iPad (with Retina Display in small text)