the new iPhone and MMS

nirvana11

Jul 21, 2008
I was wondering if the new iPhone carried MMS capabilities or is it more like the 1st one where it doesn't support mms and if it doesn't does anyone know if iPhone is working on something?

dutchin

Jul 22, 2008
everyone complains about mms right? well i don't know about everywhere else in the world, but in australia when you have a phone that does not accept mms messages and you receive one, it comes as a normal text msg with a web address link to go to get your mms message online. ok so the iPhone has a web browser right, and is able to go to links in text messages, so it can go to the site with the mms message. i know im probably not the only one to think of this, but why is no one making a point of it when people complain about lack of mms? i mean sure, you maybe cant send one, but in my case i never do, but you actually can still receive them, i only ever get one every now and then, but i can still receive them on my iPhone this way. just an idea.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
everyone complains about mms right? well i don't know about everywhere else in the world, but in australia when you have a phone that does not accept mms messages and you receive one, it comes as a normal text msg with a web address link to go to get your mms message online. ok so the iPhone has a web browser right, and is able to go to links in text messages, so it can go to the site with the mms message. i know im probably not the only one to think of this, but why is no one making a point of it when people complain about lack of mms? i mean sure, you maybe cant send one, but in my case i never do, but you actually can still receive them, i only ever get one every now and then, but i can still receive them on my iPhone this way. just an idea.
I don't think it works that way? At least I have never gotten on of these when my friends tried to send me a MMS.
If you have an iPhone you can send you MMS messages, just send it to the the email address of that number (there are therads about it)

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
you also have to navigate between the SMS screen and safari trying to remember the access codes for the mms.....without copy and paste. Let's just say it's not exactly slick

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
sending messages really is no problem, you can easily email a picture to any phone number, thats the thing i think some people fail to realize.

however (i don't know about you but) , when we receive a mms, it gives us a name and password to a site, not a direct link, which is how it should be. :(

dutchin

Jul 22, 2008
yeh im not sure how it works everywhere, but im with optus and it gives you a link, you go to the website and enter in your mobile number and password (you set this up first) and it goes to your 'online mms inbox'., i dunno, for a feature that i hardly ever use, i think this workaround more than suffices. mms is really no biggie anyways :)

Sep 26, 2007
yes, you get a text that says go to viewmymessage.com and use the following login and password. it wouldn't be so bad if i could COPY AND PASTE the login and password (because it's always some random letter/number combo that is impossible to remember) BUT, the website uses a flash media player so it cannot be viewed on the iPhone.

Jul 9, 2007
Orange County, CA
yes, you get a text that says go to viewmymessage.com and use the following login and password. it wouldn't be so bad if i could COPY AND PASTE the login and password (because it's always some random letter/number combo that is impossible to remember) BUT, the website uses a flash media player so it cannot be viewed on the iPhone.
are you sure it uses Flash because I have been able to view all the pictures sent to me. I do agree that it is a hassle having to type in the login and password everytime.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
can the iPhone make actual phone calls? I know it does a lot of other features, but can it actually dial another persons phone number and carry on a voice conversation with another person. This is my favorite feature in a typical phone. it's very important to me that a phone can do that.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
How do you do MMS on the iPhone 3G?

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
I don't even get the SMS that says i have an MMS to retrive